Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Hello all
Well this last week was been awesome, we had the pinewood derby and cake auction, stake conference with pres Belnap and elder walker of the 70. So all in all it was a great week. So I guess I’ll start with the fun and end with the spiritual.
So the pinewood derby was well different than a normal one, for the kids there were the rules and all that fun stuff, but for everyone else it was the "open" class, basically no explosions, no flames and it had to start finish and stay on the track. so me being the thinker that I am took a small electric motor and 4 9v batteries and ran them in series to get 27v running to this little motor and basically had an unbeatable car that smoked everything that I went up against. I was awesome. Then there was the cake auction that was going on at the same time. me and elder Ramos made name tag cakes and decided that we would see who was worth more to the ward, well he won at $15 to my $11, but that’s ok I still rocked him in the race.
Oh also I have this blog address for ya'll some guy took our picture to put on his bike blog and I thought you might want to check it out since I can’t. the address it www.curiousrandonneur.blogspot.com this happened before Christmas I have just keep forgetting about it so I don’t know if it will still be there.
Ok now for the spiritual, so we had elder walker here for out stake conference and I was really neat, from what dad told me the topics of our conferences were really similar and what not, but the spirit that he brought to the meeting was so strong. Plus we had pres and sis Belnap and the temple pres and his wife at the conference. So to say the least it was a very uplifting experience. Oh I also heard an interesting quote this week about judging people and sins. so I guess in the past we have had some members that were active but that had some smoking and drinking problems that you could smell during the meetings, finally it got to the point that people were starting to complain to the bishop so in response to the complaints one week the bishop got up one week and said, " brothers and sisters if all of our sins stunk like some of our fellows hear...this room would be ripper that a room full of manure on a hot day" and ya know I think that that is really true, just because our sins aren’t know to everybody because they don’t stink doesn’t give us the right to condemn or judge those who do. Wasn’t it Jesus who said to the pharacies let he who is without sin cast the first stone? This principal is just as true today as it was back then, so let’s just love and support each other and worry about our own sins instead of our neighbors.
Ya I thought that was a really interesting quote/story. ok some other news me and elder Ramos will be staying together for another 6 weeks so that will put us together for a total of 18 weeks, ya I know a long time, but from what president has told me it’s what needs to happen and so I’ll just go with that. Hope all is going well at home for everyone.
Love you all tons
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment