Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Hey Dad,
So thanks for getting that blanket picked up for me, it's still weird to think that you were in the mission office and in just 2 more weeks I’ll be there myself. Wow, how the time passes and it just seems to be moving faster and faster and the time gets shorter and shorter.
Part of that getting shorter is I think is due to the fact that I had my last interview with Pres Greer on Friday and well, he asked several questions that I really didn’t want to have to even think about, let alone answer. Honestly, the first question that he asked was what myself and the other two missionaries (the first part of the interview was in a group with 2 other missionaries) what we would be looking for as we started to go home and date, not exactly the kind of question that is going to keep you focused on missionary work or anything else.
However, I did get some good advise form him and his wife and so I guess it's all just part of the process of a mission, good thing though, I seemed to have skipped the part of the mission where all of my hair was supposed to fall out lol. Maybe it’s one of those things that skips a generation.
So back to the meeting Friday, so it ended a little earlier than we were expecting so we had about a half hour before we had to be back to Longview, so I took it as an opportunity to stop by the Escalonas, they live like 4 blocks away from the building that my meeting was at so it wasn't too far out of our way. It was great to see them, all of the kids are still active and Lupe, their mom, is as well. Carlos, well he is in a very secure place and I think I’ll just leave it at that.
Anyhow, Eric the oldest son should be getting the Melchizedek priesthood here in the next month or so and Jocelyn, who is Quinci's age, is now the third counselor in the Young Women Presidency. They have three because the branch is combined with a ward for their youth programs and since there needed to be a connection between the Spanish speaking parents and the English leaders she was called to fill in and be a liaison in a way, but anyway I’m super proud of all of them and how they have just taken hold of the gospel and how they have been faithful.
So back to my interview; wow, most of my week has revolved around those 40 min that I spoke with President. So he asked me in my personal interview if I thought that Elder Melchor who has been out for a month would be able to train a new missionary when I leave. Holy Cow, well I told him at the time I wasn't sure, but I have been working with him a ton this past week and me and President will probably be talking about it here in the next week or so. From what I was told I’m one of the last fluent Americans in the mission and that is really unnerving President, and so since Melchor is already fluent President really wants to use him to get a new base set for the future of the Spanish missionaries. So I guess I’ll just have to wait and see what happens there.
Anyhow, I hope that you have a great week and that I can hear back from you all next week. By the way, if there have been any of you out there that have wanted to write to sweet old Elder Millar, next Tuesday will be your last opportunity.
Love you all tons
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment