May 19, 2009
Hello all,
Well the time has come, I’m leaving Toppenish. So Saturday I got the call from President Belnap and I’m leaving. So this week as you can guess was a little bit emotional. But I guess a little change never hurt anyone.
But really, several of the members here have lived there before and said that it is an awesome place filled with sweet onions, 7th Days (Adventists) and convicts, lol not kidding.
So I guess I should tell ya'll where the heck I am going, I’m going to Walla Walla. It’s the furthest east the mission goes and me and my companion Elder Montoya will be the only Spanish Elders in that area. I think the next closest ones are in the Tri-Cities like 2 hours away :(.
Ok so now some explanation, so the 7th Day Adventist church has a college in Walla Walla kind of like the church has BYU in Provo, and then on the outskirts of the city is the state pen. And then the onions I guess are really good there it’s what Walla Walla is known for here in Washington.
So about the new companion I don’t really know that much about him, all I know is that he came out a transfer before and he is learning English. I don’t know where he is from how old he is or anything other than that so it should be interesting to see.
Oh and the area that we will be covering is also a Spanish English split so it’s just what I have been doing since I got here. Other than that my week has really been uneventful.
So until next time all my love Elder Couper Millar
PS: Well I just realized that I had my memory card in my pocket so here are a few pictures that I thought you all would like.
The first one is me with Mr. Mull. He is an older man that we do service for usually once a week. Yes, I am holding his leg, or at least his old one. He just got a new one that has an ankle and everything so it won’t hurt as much.
The other one was a meal that a less active family made for me and Elder Chavez. It was crazy neither one of us really knew how to start so it was funny, plus they didn't see us take the picture lol.
Hope ya'll enjoy it love elder millar
Welcome Home Elder Pickett
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment