Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009

Hello all

Well you all can rest assured I’m not dead after having been transferred and life continues on.

First off I think that you all are a bit confused when I said that my comp is learning English I mean that it’s not his first language he can speak it really well, but yes I am using a ton more Spanish around him and I’m not as nervous when I have to speak it cuz I have been speaking it all day anyways.

Let’s see, well when I got here I found out that I’m not actually over a Spanish branch, it’s a group, aka shortened Sacrament Meeting and combined Primary and Youth with and English ward. But on the bright side the ward here is a lot bigger than the one in Toppenish so we have a bit more support in working with the group then we did with the branch.

And then there is the city of Walla Walla its self. I don’t know if you have looked it up on Google earth but from what I have seen and experienced the city planner gave his 5 year old a crayon and said make Daddy a city. And I’m not joking there is no pattern whatsoever. And on top of that the city limits don’t cover all of the "city" so some of the addresses don’t show up on our street lists that we use.

Now I see why they invented the GPS. Back home I thought that it was pointless and it really kinda was, but for here it actually would make sense. I mean really, we went on exchanges with a member that has lived here for like 20 years and he was having a hard time finding some of the streets lol. But, it’s just another fun part of being a missionary.

Oh and so I have good news Elder Montoya has gotten in the habit of getting up and going running or biking every morning so guess what...I’m now biking or running every morning and well it’s not even close to flat here.

I don’t remember if I told you or not last week but I’m living with members now which is REALLY! Different. We share a kitchen and stuff we do have our own study room, bedroom and bathroom; but the rest is shared which is a little weird to me.

I feel like I’m a guest but I don’t know who I’m staying with and they are also remodeling their kitchen and it’s just really different than having an apartment of your own. The plus is though that they have a piano that is all tuned and the same brand as at home that I can play whenever I want so that good.

Other than that this week has been normal, I guess. So until next week,

Love Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad