Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jun 9, 2009

June 9, 2009

Hello all,

So sorry that I didn’t get a letter out to all last week, the computers were having problems and I my email got deleted and I ran out of time to rewrite it.

Well life here in Walla Walla has been good for the most part, we have some really good work going on with 3 Spanish people, the first is Alfredo, he is been in the US for 2 months and he is working and sending money to his wife and daughter in Mexico, he is really interested and has started reading the Book of Mormon and wants to meet with us like every other day.

The other two are Gustavo and his wife Celia they live in Milton Freewater Oregon, he knows that the Catholic Church isn’t true and has really taken hold of the Book of Mormon also. Ya know that really seems to be the key to good converts, teach the restoration and faith in Jesus Christ and then hand them the Book of Mormon and let them run with it.

I also heard from Elder Cavaness up in Toppenish, one of the ladies that we started to teach my last week there has started to read the Book of Mormon and is almost done with Alma, its crazy how much the Hispanics love the Book of Mormon.

I really like how Elder Montoya introduces it too. He says something like in the Bible Jesus Christ talks about other sheep that he too must visit, then he reads in 3 Nephi where Jesus tells the Nephites that they are the other sheep, then he testifies that he knows that Jesus Christ loved his ancestors just as much as those in Jerusalem and because of that he visited the millions of his ancestors here in the Americas. It’s so cool how he can have that relation.

Other than that we are just tracting and what not.

As of yet I still haven’t found anything like Blue Sky Tortillas here in Walla, and I don’t think that I will, the culture here is very up class and American. Instead of having panaderias and carnecerias like Toppenish there are micro breweries and over 200 wineries. So if that helps you at all get a feel of Walla.

Other than that this week or so has been normal just trying to find my way around lol well I can’t wait to hear from ya’ll until then,

Love Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad