Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jul 16, 2009

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Subject: Wow

Hello all

Well this week has been awesome, well at least since Friday.

So we have been working with a gentleman named Gustavo and he was on date for baptism but not really, so Friday we met with him and told him that the Lord wanted him to get baptized once he knew that this was the true church. So we worked with him and he is scheduled to get baptized Aug 9th which will be awesome, it has been almost a year since the Spanish group here in Walla2 has had a baptism which will be good to have.

Then Sunday he came to church, we weren’t sure if he was going o take the whole baptism thing seriously or what because he told us "si dios se querre" basically that’s how someone who isn't interested responds to a commitment it means "ya I’ll be there if it’s God’s will" and well I think that Gustavo knows that this is the true church, and he just doesn’t know that he knows. He is confused on very small doctrinal points and is putting everything on hold until he understands everything, so I guess we still need to work on faith, but other than that he is awesome.

Then there was Monday WOW. So Pres Belnap is focusing on finding this transfer and so he has created a new goal for us it’s called 10 x 10 which means 10 hours a week of tracting and 10 lessons a day, so we really are being pushed but he really is an inspired man.

So Monday we put it into effect, so we started out the day by tracting the Hispanic labor camps and ended up teaching 13 lessons in an hour (a lesson is 2 or more gospel principals and a commitment) usually when we tract we get like 5-6 lessons an hour. So this was a crazy amount even for Spanish work.

Then we went to dinner and while at dinner our appointment with another investigator canceled and we had to think on our feet about what we were going to do. Ok so a little bit of a back note, Sunday night we were thinking of places to tract and nothing was coming to our minds so I kind of sarcastically said lets pray and then I’ll just put my hand on the map and whatever street my ring finger lands on we'll track it. Well it landed on Edgewood which was actually in our area so that’s where we went after dinner on Monday night.

When we got there we said another short prayer and basically said Heavenly Father you guided us here help us find the people that we need to talk to. So we started knocking and people listened and not just people; 7th day, upper middle class, white people listened and a lot of them. In the next hour we got another 8 lessons which is unheard of in an English neighborhood and especially on a street with like 20 houses total.

But that’s not all, so the entire time I had to use the bathroom and when we got to the "last house" we knocked it and no one was home so I was like ok I got to pee, and Elder Tracy saw this guy watering his lawn at the house behind the one that we had just knocked and said "Elder we have got to talk to that guy" so we did and WOW!

So he introduced himself as we walked up and I introduced the Book of Mormon to him and then he said ya I have heard of that book before but I’m not really sure what it is, let’s sit down and we can talk about it. :):):):):):):)WOW!!!!! So we sat down and for the next 40 min we had the most amazing lesson of my mission he had all the right answers and questions and at the end we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he said "is this mine" and I said ya and he just smiled

Then we asked him if there was anything that he had wanted to know about and he said ya " what is my purpose in this life”, that right there is the golden question the one that you think you will only hear in the MTC but he asked it and was sincere, so we gave him 2 Nephi 2 and then asked if we could close with a prayer, then I explained that we pray a little different than the Catholics (he was Catholic) and then asked him if he would say the prayer and he said yes without any hesitation and then proceeded to give the most beautiful and heartfelt prayer that I have ever heard, he basically said Heavenly Father thanks for sending these two Elders here to share the truth with me and for opening my ears to your gospel.

My mouth really did drop in fact I think I may need surgery to take the smile off of my face I don’t know, I’m just excited to go back and teach him more and see what he read. Oh that too, as we left he said nonchalantly great now I have something to read tonight :):):):):):)

So I’ll let you all know how things with Bob go this next week. And then yesterday we went back to Palouse falls with the zone this time and spent the entire day there that’s why I’m emailing today and not yesterday.

Well I love all of you tons and hope to hear from ya'll soon.

All my love
Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad