Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subject: flea bites, fist fights and a minor infection
Hello all
Well this last week has been really weird, on Wednesday morning I woke up with a few bug bites on my left ankle and well that’s where the story gets a little worse. For the next two days I kept waking up with new bites and was starting to get annoyed. So I talked to our members that we live with, and they said that they were flea bites :( apparently I brought them into the house on my cloths and then laid on my bed and they moved right on in.) So I itch to say the least.
And then to top it all off on Saturday we had a service project in Oregon and a slipped into the water about mid calf and that caused the bites on my left leg to get a little infected, Mom don't freak its fine I’ve talked with Sister Belnap and am working on getting in contact with the mission doctor to get some drugs I’m thinking it will just be a topical Cefizolin antibiotic ointment or something, nothing life threatening.
Also on Monday we had interviews with President Belnap and when he found out what was going on he said “well I guess we'll just have to get you a new bed” :) I guess I’m just looking on the bright side, but I haven't slept this good in almost 9 months!!!! So that is awesome!
This week was also awesome because we visited with Gustavo and when we talked with him he told us that he knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he needs to get baptized :):):):):) So we have him on date for the 9th of August.
We also have Ashley (an investigator from the Elders in the 2nd Ward that moved into ours) that is getting baptized this Saturday and guess what; I’m playing the piano again. Looks like all of your praying worked out Mom lol.
Oh, I also read a good book the other night Elder Blomquist gave it to me to read and I think that you all back home would really enjoy it. It’s called "The Message" it’s really good and I think that Dad would especially enjoy reading it. It deals with the connection of our world with the spirit world. So I hope that you all will take the time to read it.
And now a question for the girls, if I’m going to send shirts home do they have to be the ones that you sent me or could I send some short sleeve ones. If ya let me know by next Tuesday I’ll get them out by Thursday, ok. Well other than that my week has been normal and without incident
Well until next time
Love Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
Wow, Couper, that stinks about the flea bites. . . .but good about the bed and the baptism date. We love you and are thinking about you!
ReplyDelete