July 8, 2009
Well it looks like I can’t have a normal week even if I want one, so the reason that I’m writing today is because we had an East Side Mission zone conference up in the mountains at one of the church owned camp sites which was way cool, mainly because we were in jeans and t-shirts not pross (I think Couper means shirt and tie). Plus I got to see Elder Chavez and Cavaness and Elder Godinez (my grandfather in the mission) and all the elders that were in the MTC with me.
So it was really one of the best conferences that I have had in like forever.
Ok and now into this past week, like I said I got a new companion named Elder Tracy, he is from a town just north of San Fran and he is...well...hyper and maybe a little A.D.D. but he is still awesome to work with. The conversations just jump around a bit, but it keeps me on my toes and it makes life more interesting lol :).
But so far so good. The other good news is that he already had a GPS so we should be good for now, kind of, so it’s old and needs to be updated so we have to get a member to get online and do that for us. But so far it’s done most of the job right, except for Friday night. so we were in Milton Freewater and decided to use the GPS to get us home cuz it has a Shortest route feature that saves miles which is nice, so we followed it and it seemed like it was taking us in a back way which was awesome, no traffic just wheat fields, well then disaster struck, turns out that the road that it was going to take us on to get us to the house was not there during the summer cuz in the summer it’s the middle of a wheat field lol.
So here we are in the middle of a wheat field with no cell reception and a GPS that is trying to take us through a wheat field lol. So we worked our magic and finally got to a point that I recognized and could get us home from there, the only bad part of it though was that we got home late, but we told our members what happened and they just laughed.
And now for the last good story of the week I got a hair removal, yes removal not a cut. So with the conference coming up I thought that I should get my hair cut prior to going, mainly because I really needed one, but anyways I asked our members where they got their hair cut and they told me about this little Mexican place called Alfonzo’s and that it was just 11 dollars which is awesome.
So we went there and it was way nice, went back and told the guy what I always have told Margie smith, "oh lets go with like a half inch" well I guess 1/2 inch here and 1/2 inch back home is a bit different cuz I’m basically bald, not really it’s more like a buzz cut but with light hair that’s basically bald. and to top it all off we had the conference with president the next day, he never said anything to me, but his eyes always started at the top of my head and then moved to my eyes so I’m guessing that means that it’s a little short, but ya live and learn and then move on with life. lol.
Well that’s about all that happened this week so I guess until next time,
Love Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment