Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Hello all,
Well this last week has been a little bit of everything possible.
So let’s start Friday morning at 2:45am, yup I was lucky enough to catch the flu, but it gets better, I was in charge of driving my district to a meeting in Vancouver at 8am so after emptying my body of... well it was just really empty. We took off to the meeting and I was miserable.
I made it though the meeting and got permission for another Elder to drive my car home, but I still had another 10 hours of not feeling good ahead of me. So basically after the meeting we went home and I slept for 16 hours and started fresh on Saturday morning.
Holy cow I just forgot the most important part of this entire email, my son (a new missionary as his companion). So Wednesday I picked up Elder Uly Melchor, he is 6' and is from New Mexico, one cool thing is that he has his brother is on a mission too in the Chicago mission. He was born in Mexico City and moved to the states when he was 4 and then spoke English and Spanish a home, so I got off easy on trying to teach him Spanish. Basically he is a great guy and has a lot of potential to be an amazing missionary. Ok that's all for now if you have questions I’ll answer them next week.
So back to my week, Monday and Tuesday I had a two day conference with Pres Greer and the other Zone and District leaders on the west side of the mission, it was long and hard and felt a lot like school; but I learned a ton and even though I’m coming home soon I have a new companion and two other young Elders in my district that are depending on me to teach them this new material so that they will be able to be awesome missionaries thoughout their missions.
So if you didn't catch that today is p-day due to the meetings.
Now as for Elder Dunn I’m sorry to hear that you have had to come home, I really hope that they can get things figured out quickly, however in a month if your still home we can help keep each others Spanish up.
Oh also Elder Brinton says hi, he is my new zone leader here in Longview. Well other than that I hope all is well with everyone back at home and that I get to hear from you all soon.
Love you all tons,
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment