Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Oct 5, 2010

Hello All,

Well another transfer has come and gone and as for right now I'm flying solo. Not really I'm with two other missionaries but it is still really weird to be with them and not at my own apartment.

So yesterday I got Elder Romero all sent off to the Tri-Cities. It was really a hard experience, we had spent 4 months together and I had really gotten used to talking to him in Spanish anytime that I didn't want anyone to overhear our conversation, and even though I'm getting a new comp I know he won’t speak much Spanish... that is because I’m going to be training a brand new missionary, yup I’m just like Abraham, having my child in my old age, but hey it happened when the Lord wanted it to happen.

Also I will be the district leader too, it was actually kinda funny when Pres called to tell me that I would be training, he told me that I can’t get trunky until November 15th (the day before I fly home, lol) then Elder Romero wanted to talk to him and asked who would be replacing him as the District Leader. Pres thought for a moment and said, I forgot that you were going home, well how about Elder Millar? Put him back on the phone. Well and from there I got that assignment too. So all in all I’m a little excited, a little nervous and just ready to have some fun.

Ok now for some more serious stuff. Conference! Holy cow, it sure started with a bang. I don’t know if it is because he came to our mission or just because he is a great speaker, but Elder Holland’s' talk on Sat morning was amazing, so amazing that it made me and almost all the other missionaries cry, I just hope that I can have as great a love for my mission in 50 years as he has for his. Then from there the entire conference just blew me away, I’m super excited to get to re-read most of the talks and to just feel all the emotions come back, that’s one thing that I have gotten really good at on the mission, reading things and as I read them I can actually hear the voice of the person who is speaking if I know their voice, or if not like in the scriptures I just make up a voice, and as I do that they come more alive to me, it’s awesome.

Speaking of scriptures and awesome, I have successfully read from the D & C for 96 days without missing a day and two chapters from the book of Mormon too. Now I know your all thinking, oh how hard could that be your a missionary your time is scheduled to read, well Sundays are the killer day, we have meetings starting at 7 am and they go until 2 pm then we go back to normal missionary work so getting the time to read then is hard, then there are also Zone Conferences and other random meetings but I have been trying to make it a habit to read every day, without fail and well, I'm doing it.

However, for me that just about sums up the week.
Hope all is going well with you all at home.

Love Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad