December 12, 2008
Hello all,
Thank you so much for the Popsci article Mom it really brightened everyone’s day. Can you believe that I have been gone a month. Time has just flown by here at the MTC, in fact I did the math and I am exactly 4.2% done with my mission lol; but who’s keeping track.
Tonight at the teaching center I will teach my last lesson in English while here at the MTC it’s kinda crazy to think about, I’ve been here just a month and I’m already communicating in Spanish and soon will teach the gospel in it too.
However, the Lord knows how to humble us and I guess that I was in need of some humbling. yesterday at the RC (the place that takes all the calls from pass-a-long cards and LDS commercials) I was taking calls in English and I had someone call in Spanish, asum heche (holy cow) my mind went blank and all I could say was lo siento por favor (I’m sorry please) I was so lost but eventually I got settled down and gave him the phone number for the Spanish line.
So I don’t think I’ve told you how we are called on to give talks in sacrament meeting. We are all assigned a topic and we all prepare a 5 min talk on that subject, then after the sacrament the person conducting says so and so will be giving their talks today. It wasn’t that big of a deal when my talk was in English, in Spanish however I’m freaking out. Your first 4 weeks you get to give your talk in English the last 5 are in Spanish. Guess what I’m on my 5th Sunday so I’m in Spanish this week and it is really hard to talk about obedience in Spanish.
The nice thing though is that both my teachers say that all of us are almost a week ahead of schedule and that we have been one of their best districts so far. I don't feel that way but I guess I’ll just have to take their word for it.
So I can’t send attached pictures through my email but I’ll put them in the mail today, you should get them by Monday afternoon. They are awesome! One is even good enough that it’s going to be my Christmas card :). I’ll also put some fun comments on them so you can all laugh and remember how big of a dork I really am.
Mom you asked in your last letter if there was anything else you could send me, well I’m almost out of peanut butter and some more for the holidays would be nice ;).
Oh how cool is this, today at the temple I got through the entire thing without help. I’m so excited to go next week; the only bummer is that the temple will be closed from the 20-3; so I only get to go 2 more times.
Quinci you need to write me you slacker child. I have no drama in my life here at the MTC and I miss hearing all about yours. Oh and last Friday you wouldn’t have been able to find me I was in a teaching appt sorry but nice try.
Know that I love you all so much and that I pray for you daily (ps I pray a bunch now I don’t see what cj's problem was with 5 a day that’s just before breakfast lol).
Also for Christmas all I want is some more peanut butter and my good 3x3, Mason knows which one.
Happy holidays and God bless.
Love,
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment