December 19, 2008
Hola familia,
Como le vamos? Tenemos mucho nieve es muy bonita.
Ok so back to English. How have you all been this week? I haven’t really heard from any of you, excluding Dad who wrote me yesterday:) I hope that there are lots of letters in the package.
But anyways funny story happened yesterday. So I was in the RC and I guess that our number and Comcast’s numbers are really similar so I was getting a bunch of their calls, so after taking like 3 or 4 calls I decided that I was going to be a little blunt :) So after the lady had told me all the things that were wrong with her TV I said" I’m sorry ma’am but I can’t help you with your TV; I can however help you with eternal salvation". No joke, she chuckled a bit and then a sweet southern grandma accent she said" that’s OK sonny I just want to watch my TV" Well everyone got a laugh out of that and it was fun for me and hopefully I planted some seeds so that when the missionaries knock on her door she can tell them about the funny boy on the phone that tried to give her God instead of Oprah.
So good news I have memorized the entire first vision in Espanol. It has been one of our golas since we are teaching it tonight in Spanish.
Oh more good news, I can read Spanish (kind of) I can get the main meaning out of what I’m reading and get some other words out of context. It makes me so happy.
I don’t know about you at home but we have got a bunch of snow lately it’s kind of nice to have, however it also makes the trips to and from class nerve racking. I think everyone has fallen at least once.
Since you all will be at nanas for Christmas look for your letters at her house, plus I’m almost done with my first planner so I’ll send that to you too. Think of it as your Christmas present:) or I could send you some nice scriptures to look up if you want. Just let me know through dear elder.
Well I hope that all goes well in your travels this weekend and that you all have a fun time without me. I know it will be hard but you’re all growed up (don’t change that I know it’s wrong but it ads sarcastic emphasis).
Send me some pictures please and anything else you think I might need. BTW Mom, I am going to need some new shirts when you get back I’m thinking that the popler 16 32-32 is what I want but I’m not sure so could you send me a washed one and I’ll try it on and then have Crystal get back to you.
Love you all tons
feliz navidad y dios bendicemos
Elder Couper Millar
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net