December 26, 2008
Well one Christmas down one to go :)
Christmas this year turnout a lot better than expected. Christmas eve Elder Bednar came and spoke about Christmas symbolism which was way cool, then first thing in the morning we heard from Elder Holland. This was particularly cool since it was the second time that I have heard from him in the MTC. He spoke on Christ’s birth and gave a very powerful don't be home sick soap box speech.
After those two awesome devotionals we were way excited for the afternoon devotional, but our excitement was miss placed. We had one of the branch presidents come and talk to us about marking scriptures and it was in my opinion a waste of time :( He talked about how with his 10 color scripture marking pen he could have 4000 different markings and then he showed us how to do it. But that’s not the best part; the first words out of his mouth at the beginning...KEEP IT SIMPLE. We got a kick out of that.
We also got a gift from the MTC which was actually cool. The elders got a nice tie and the sisters got pearl necklaces, then everyone got a motab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir) CD and an 8-color scripture marking pen and some candy.
Now I’d just like to thank you all for the gifts that I got. The MR. Fuzzy is going to keep me busy for a while and the keychain rubik's cube is just nice to have. Also the tie that you sent me was a nice change from all the other ones.
So how was all of your Christmas seeing as how I haven’t received any e-mails. You either couldn’t bear to talk to me or it was so awesome that you forgot about me. What things did you kids get from Santa and Mom and Dad? How was golf? How was everything, spare no details?
I’ll be sending you some pictures this next week of our Christmas eve feast, it was way intense. The salsa was a hit but it was over powered by the insane amounts of candy and cookies.
Well I’m excited to hear from all of you, Spanish is coming good and the countdown to the real world is 19 days:) Oh also some good news I think that I get to call you when I’m at the airport :) All of the other stateside missionaries have, so if the trend continues you should be hearing from me on the 12th or 13th. I don’t know my exact departure date until Thursday when I get my flight plans.
ll until I hear from ya'll saben esta se amo mucho y esta jesus cristo es nuestro salvador. El evangelio es guia pero Dios y A traves el expiacion nosotros podemos recibe remicion de nuestros pecados.
Adios y quinced (sp?) love Elder Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment