Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Feb 17, 2009

February 17, 2009

Hello All,

Well, I’m excited to hear that those slacker friends of mine finally got their acts together and got their calls lol. Mail hasn't gotten hear yet so I still don’t know where Matt is going, but that’s awesome for Scott. I just hope that he doesn’t get delayed. Sister Swallow’s nephew is going there and was delayed from Feb. to May because of visa problems.

So Mom, you asked how the Spanish is coming, well its coming. I can understand most things that I hear but still have a limited vocabulary when it comes to responding to people in anything other than the gospel. Also, last night I was tired and thought I’d just say my personal players in English thinking it would be faster. Well, I switched after Dear Heavenly Father, cuz I couldn’t figure out what to say in English lol. Also, right now most of our teaching is in Spanish. We have 8 Spanish families investigating and 2.5 English (the .5 cuz one lady is going to take more than a year to teach, she has some learning barriers but is excited)

So ya, the Spanish is ok and I just found out Sunday that I will be a main speaker next month in our branch meeting AH. Also our branch president doesn’t speak Spanish so I have been translating our branch council meetings for him it is kind of weird. I hear the words in Spanish and then immediately repeat them, but in English and sometimes in a different order lol.

Mom, I think I got the letter you sent me the one in the big manila envelope it was great. Ok so every day is different. I should be sending home my planner soon cuz transfers are next week and I start a new one but I’ll give a general overview of what goes on in a day. Ok so:

6:30 wake up exercise
7:00 eat breakfast
7:30 get showered
8:00 personal study (I’m almost thought the BoM again :)
9:00 companion study; this is where we discuss the needs of our
Investigators for the day and decide what we are going to teach them
10:00 language study, sometimes I teach a lesson to my comp or sometimes
we read PMG (Preach My Gospel) together out loud or the scriptures
11:00 lunch usually eggs or frozen waffles
12:00 to 5:30 Teach, tract, visit less active members
5:30 to 6:30 dinner with a member (Sun-Wed is American food, and the rest of the week is homemade tortillas and good Mexican food my favorites so far are posole
and mole y carne)
6:30 to 9:00 scheduled appointments (usually)
9:00 to 10:30 plan and prep for bed

So this is my schedule for most of the week. Sundays I have church from 8 to 2, Mondays I have district meeting from 11-2 and p-day goes from 10 to 6 on Tuesday.
So that’s my life in a nut shell; but you can see more in depth when you get my planner.

Ok, so good news. It’s SUNNY! Since I got here it has been kind of overcast and lame, but I’ve been told that March starts to brighten up. I’m so excited.

Ok so now for Mason. WORK HARDER! You can’t already be grounded, I worked hard until 8th grade; so I expect at least the same from you and maybe a little more.
Ok and like I said before, girls are more trouble than they are worth (sp?).

Oh one last thing transfers are this week so don,t mail anything to me directly cuz I might not be at the same place, I hope I am but just to be safe either email or send to the mission office address.

Love ya'll tons and hope to hear from you soon.

Love Elder Couper Millar

1 comment:

  1. We mailed a bunch of letters to Coup in December and I emailed a couple of weeks ago-- Couper, did you get our stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Coup's Dad