February 3, 2009
Hello All,
Well I’m glad to hear that all went well for the funeral, and that you all arrived safe and sound. This week has gone by really fast, probably cuz we have a baptism in just a few days.
His name is Johnny, his wife got baptized the Saturday before I got here and he has followed suite. He is a stud for sure, he knows that everything is true and is keeping all the commitments that we give him and to be honest he is probably reading more of the scriptures than me or my comp are.
On the other hand however, the 3 people in the branch that we had on date have been postponed, Elvia and her son haven’t been to church at all so that’s not good, and on Sunday we found out that German (pronounced Herman) and his wife aren’t married because she hasn’t got a divorce from her first marriage, but he has stopped drinking and what not so that’s good.
Um as for my address I don’t know what it is and we have been told that the best way to get us packages is through us postal shipped to the mission offices and then they forward it to us. And um as for finding my house on Google Earth use the church website and select find a church near me and look in Toppenish. We live in the white apartment/condos really close to the church the condos are in a circle with a courtyard in the middle.
Well Ceely I can read just the books that I brought with me and the church magazines, and my comp is a really nice guy.
So I have some REALLY GREAT NEWS I’m going golfing today :) there is a course nearby and I convinced the entire district to go and play today :) :) :) :) :) :) so I’m way excited.
Oh and Sunday I bore my testimony in the branch meeting it was so scary but I got several complements on my accent and whatnot. Oh and how cool is this the mission gets you a new car when your hit 50,000 miles and ours will do that in about 6 weeks so that’s cool it will either be a 09 Corolla or 09 Malibu nothing fancy but it’s still a new car.
Oh and Mom I’m almost out of waffle mix so I need you to send me some recipes so that I can make some more and maybe something else like cinnamon roles.
Oh (sorry that this is so random) on March 5th I’m going to be a translator for a school special needs orientation I guess they have the missionaries do it every year cuz the people like how friendly we are (even if we don’t translate that well) Elder Stewart ( roommate in the MTC) is doing it too, the following week.
[no closing from Couper, the letter just ends here, I guess he was in a hurry to get to the golf course]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment