February 24, 2009
Well, after another uneventful week I am still in Toppenish with Elder Chavez. In fact, the only 2 missionaries in our zone that are leaving are the zone leaders. Also, I’m glad to hear that all of us guys will be able to talk bad about people after our mission without anyone knowing what we are saying...not really; but that’s cool that we will be able to speak Spanish together.
From what Elder Chavez has told me they all will be speaking ...funny Spanish... Scott will have a lisp and Matt and Richy will say the “ll” with a “j” instead of a “y” sound; but I’ll convert them don’t worry lol.
Well like I said at first, this week has been kind of slow, mainly just because people don’t like to answer their doors, but oh well. Just keep on moving and teach those that we have already found.
Um let’s see the most exciting thing that I did this week probably was to get my hair cut, ya or maybe... oh I don’t know I can’t remember; all the days just seem to blur together and p-days just feel weird.
Well Mom please give the Hansons my regards. I really enjoyed the time that I was able to spend with Brother Nordgrin and some of the stories that he would tell us.
Also, congratulate Sofia that is awesome that she chose to be baptized, who did the baptism and confirmation, did Allen get a chance?
And Mason, Mason, Mason (I’m shaking my head and chuckling a bit) you should stop punishing yourself and get your grades fixed, also not to rub it in but I got to go golfing on Saturday with an investigator and it was awesome! It was the same place we went last time and my clubs were older than me lol.
Um Quinci, I still haven’t got your letter so I’m going to rebuke you in this one that goes to everyone so that you feel bad and write me a huge one lol (love ya tons).
Back to Mom, waffle mix and biscuits or roles or whatever would be awesome; however I really haven’t been that hungry lately. I eat, believe it or not, a couple eggs and fresh tortillas for brunch and then dinner, but I’m sure that we could handle having to eat some of your food :)
Ya, so I don’t remember if I told you this last time but there is a little Mexican store right across from our apartment that makes fresh tortillas upon request and they are amazing. They are still hot when I go to eat them back at the apartment. I know I’m spoiled.
Well just so no one at home feels left out, hello everyone in the ward, Preston, Avenly, Ceely, Dad, Nana, Papa, Brian, Isa, Randy, all the Millars and anyone else that this might make it to. I hope that you are well and surviving without me.
Oh, ok I remembered an interesting quote earlier this week and I think I’ll share it with ya'll, actually probably 2 or so. The first one I remembered this week was that:
“A hard working missionary won’t be home sick”
This is so true both me and Elder Chavez thought about it and neither one of us have really missed home. Occasionally we talk about it, but don’t really miss it that much (sorry if this offends anyone but your choosing to be offended anyways lol).
The second one is hanging on our wall in the apartment it says...
”Impossible, impossible is a large word thrown around by small men who would rather live in the world rather than discover the power that they have to change it, impossible isn't a statement it’s a dare, impossible is temporary. . . Impossible is NOTHING!...
Well I just thought that I’d share that I’m not sure if its completely word for word, but I think I got the point across.
Oh also Matt Scott and Richard in the 2005 March April May June July August or September “New Era” (sorry I don’t remember which month it was) it’s all about the MTC and new missionaries. I think it might help ya'll get a better view of what’s going to go on when you get there, I wish that I would have found it before I went in, so read it.
Well, hope that all is well with everyone and I can’t wait to hear what ya'll are up to so until then,
Love, Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment