Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Mar 18, 2009

March 17, 2009

Well hello all,

This last week has gone great, it was Invitation Sunday so we had a ton of people at church. Invitation Sunday, ok I’ll explain a bit. To help get the members involved, every 6 months we have I.S. where we put on a special meeting centered towards people who are interested in the general principals of the church but might be a little uncomfortable coming to a normal Sunday block.So in the meeting we had 6 speakers and 2 musical numbers all about the basic principles of the gospel.

In the ward we had 15 investigators and 20+ less actives, and in the branch we had 11 investigators and 3 less actives. All in all we were the most successful area in the stake which is good cuz I guess we were one of the least successful in October.

Then let’s see on Saturday I experienced a new Mexican delicacy, tacos de lengua... cow tongue tacos :) They were sooooooo good, the meat is way soft and it had an awesome marinade. Also I don't get made fun of anymore when I eat hot salsa, I guess I have just got used to it.

The next time that I write I’ll send you the recipe of a couple of the ones that me and Elder Chavez have made, some are hotter than others, but sour cream can help to cool it down or you can pop some of the seeds out before you blend it together.

Also, today was awesome; we finally got to go to the temple. Last transfer it was closed for cleaning so we weren’t able to which was kind of a bummer, but today was way cool. From the outside it looks really small but when we got in there it was actually really big and it was beautiful.

Also Mom if you have any names that you need done feel free to send me some and next transfer we could get some done here for you as long as you get the initiatories done.

Ok for the Rubik’s cube please send the 7x7 and the 4x4 solutions, (it’s all the same basic principal and I can get what I need from that)

With the baptisms I was originally going to be here for them for sure because they were planned for the 4th of April and transfers are the 8th, but they all have been postponed for one reason or another so we will see, President is coming on Tuesday for interviews and E. Chavez said that he usually hints if you are going to get transferred or if you will be training or put in a leadership position so I’ll let you know next week if I hear anything.

Elder Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad