Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Mar 24, 2009

March 24, 2009

Ya ta hey

That’s Navaho for hello, yup when you get the gift of tongues there’s no telling exactly what tongue you’re going to get...well kinda, that’s the only thing that I know and it’s because one of the ladies in the ward is Navaho and we visit her like once a week because she just had surgery.

Spanish is coming along well though, I still can’t speak as much as I want but every day I seem to be able to say more and more and I’m starting to understand what people are saying without interpreting it as I hear it.

So this week we are back to just one person on date to be baptized :( we can’t get a hold of the family that we had on date, but we haven’t lost hope just yet.
We also had to do a really good job of picking up our apartment this week because Pres. Belnap came to our apartment to do the transfer interviews, holy cow was that nerve racking, but he commented on how nice it looked and that was nice.

Let’s see what else is there to talk about, oh, Mom will you please tell Ashley congratulations for me that is awesome and in the same breath harass the Lang kids lol. Um Mason, do bad I don’t think I will be able to handle you beating me when I get back; so just don’t play anymore, pretend like your me and can only play once every like 3 months ok. :) jk

Ben that’s awesome to hear that you will be turning in your papers at the start of next month. I can’t wait to hear where the Lord is going to send you.

Mom you'll be happy to hear that I played the piano for priesthood last Sunday and have played for district meeting every week since I got here. Also did you send my package yet? Just wondering, but if you haven't this is a gentle reminder that I’m patiently waiting and it’s not cool that you told me 2 weeks ago and its still not here lol.

Other than that, this week has been full of long meetings and not a lot of work with investigators so there is not a lot to talk about, oh just in case I didn't tell you

I finished the BoM (Book of Mormon) like 13 days ago for the first time in the field and it was way good. Now I’m on to Jesus the Christ, the one that Doc gave me, the definitions that he wrote in are way helpful. :)

Other than that I'm just your average Elder Millar doing the Lord’s work so until next time,

Love Elder Couper Millar

ps I found out that Millar in Spanish means millions of people, kind o,f and that it’s used kind of like the word throngs. Just an interesting fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad