March 31, 2009
Hola,
Well everything has been going well here. The weather is starting to warm up and its sunny almost every day, and what’s really nice is the lack of an inversion:)
Well, so let’s talk about my families. Robertito and Yolanda are doing better. We went like 3 weeks without seeing or hearing from them, which was a bummer. But, we had Hno Garibay call them and he was able to help her with some of her problems that we as unmarried people don’t understand. But, anyway we had a fireside Sunday night and they came. It was awesome! They felt the spirit and she is trying to get work off on Sundays so that they can come to church.
And then we are working with Hna Garibay, Hno Garibay’s wife. She is an awesome lady. She knows that the Church is true and comes to church almost every week. But, just doesn’t feel ready to get baptized so we are working really hard with her to teach her everything that she wants to know. I’m really hoping that I will be able to go to their sealing in a year. That would be awesome.
Then let’s see, so conference is this week and let me tell you it’s a lot different than at home. For one thing, it never crossed my mind that conference isn't at 10 and 2 everywhere. Also, we won’t be watching it at a member’s house cuz you have to have a satellite and some weird package. So it’s broadcast right to the church. But, it should be cool anyways. Plus it’s a great thing that we have to invite our investigators to.
Oh another thing. If I don’t get transferred, I have to give a talk in the branch the Sunday after Conference, which is kinda nerve racking, but I’ll see what me and the Lord can do, hopefully something good.
Well I’ll let ya'll know what goes on with transfers next week. Unless President decides to have me train or be a district leader or something, then you would get a call; but I don't think that will happen so.
Until next week,
Love Elder Couper Millar
Welcome Home Elder Pickett
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment