Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Aug 4, 2009

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Subject: Couper's Weekly Letter

Ok here we go again,

This will be my second time writing this email so it might be short cuz now I’m tired.

So first off, there was no fist fight as I alluded to last week it just fit well so I went with it. Second I haven’t done much this past week. I talked to the mission doctor Wednesday and he gave me some pills and told me to get off my foot until it stops weeping, so in other words I sat and watched the church movies this last week, in both English and Spanish. To say the least I’m antsy to get back to real missionary work.

So Saturday and Sunday were the really exciting days with the exception of a tracting approach that went wrong on Thursday for the short time that I worked. I’ll start with that, so we had priests with us, that were preparing to go on missions, on Wed and Thurs so we split up to maximize time usage and limit the intimidation factor.

So we were tracting this street (me and one of the priests) and we came to a house with the door open and the screen shut, nothing unusual. So I knocked the door and to our surprise a completely naked man turns the corner and comes to the door. WOW is the only thing I can think of I can’t believe that someone would answer the door naked, but we tract everyone so I looked at the ceiling and continued to talk to Mr. No-clothes about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and got a soft return appointment, I know your probably asking why the heck did you get a return appointment, I know not the smartest thing but I just went on autopilot so ya.

Then on Sat and Sun we had a baptism for Ashlee Penland, she was a referral from the 2nd Ward Elders they had been teaching her and then she moved into our ward so then we finished teaching her and she was baptized and confirmed this past weekend :) It was awesome, the ward is really supporting her.

Ok now Mom, I have no idea what needs to be done with getting me relicensed, I have zone conference tomorrow so I’ll talk to Pres Belnap then and see what he thinks and I guess I’ll probably have to get the information from you to get that all worked out. I don’t care what it takes to get this done. I think the best thing will be to just get it done as fast as possible and that will provide the least distraction.

Well other than that now I’m really tired and am done with this dumb computer so until next time.

Love Elder Millar

PS: I’ll be sending the girls’ shirts this week, also I’m going to send my iPod and some cd's so could you please load them onto the iPod and take off the Christmas music, I’m getting tired of putting it on shuffle and then hearing Josh Groban's Joy to the World. It’s nice I guess but not in August :)

los querro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad