Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Aug 11, 2009

Tuesday August 11, 2009

Hello all,

Well I don’t remember if I told you last week or not but our baptism on the 9th was pushed back for some reasons I won’t go into, but it’s still on for the 23rd of this month and he seems to be doing good now and he is coming to church and keeping his commitments so all things should go well.

Also on a good note my ankle is no longer infected and I am almost completely better now :) and then the best news I think I could give ya'll... I’m finally understanding Spanish :) ya I know that I said that a long time ago but this is different. I’m not finding myself translating it in my head anymore and Elder Tracy says that I’m not making as many conjugation mistakes.

It’s so cool I still have some problems talking on the phone, but I’m doing better, and to be honest I think it’s really coming from two sources, the first is Elder Tracy he is crazy I don’t know what it is about him, but he just knows how I learn and has helped me so much, and then the second reason is I have started to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish, I know I have been doing that for the last 9 months or so but this is different. Last Wednesday at zone conference President and Sister Belnap challenged us all to read the Book of Mormon between now and Christmas and as we read underline where it mentions Jesus and where he is speaking, both himself and through his prophets. And I decided that I was going to do it in Spanish, and well I have been. I’m going a bit slower because I can’t read it as fast and it gives me a headache to focus that much; but I really have seen how much it truly has helped me.
Oh more good news. So last Saturday we had dinner with Ashlee Penland and her boyfriend and the topic of marriage came up and well, they are planning on a civil marriage for the time being and then in a year going to the temple to get sealed together and by that time they are hoping to have custody of their respective children so that they can have them sealed to them as well :) So all in all that is looking really good.

Ok now for the other stuff that’s not so happy, so since we had a 70 at our zone conference I didn't think President Belnap would be in a talkative mood so I’m planning on talking to him about my license stuff this week, and then I never got around to getting the package put together for the girls so I’ll try to get it out this week most likely tomorrow or Thursday. Other than that all is well here in Walla Walla.

Oh one last thing, transfer calls were Sat and I and Elder Tracy will be together for another 6 weeks. Well it was good to hear from all of you and hope to hear from you again in the next couple weeks.

So until next time,

Love Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad