Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Aug 25, 2009

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Subject: Wow I’m old

Well hello all,

Well, first off I’d like to thank you Mom for making me feel really really old, and on top of that Quinci called me old in the last letter that she sent me. C’mon I’m not even 20 and you’re making me feel ancient. And along with that school has started here again in Walla Walla and so that makes it 2 years since the last time that I started school, holy cow. Ya know sometime I wonder how all of you "old" people reading my letters feel, I mean to you it probably feels like little Couper Millar was just in sunbeams and running around and digging holes in the front yard and now he’s all "old" and on a mission. But oh well I guess we all have to cross these proverbial bridges eventually.

So I guess we’ll start with the bad news first and then move to a point where we end on a good note. So if you all remember Bob, we had been teaching him for the last month or so on and off, and on Wed we had an appointment with him where he was going to meet a member of the ward that would fellowship him and help us to teach him so that when we leave he still has someone there that helped him come into the church.

Well we went to his home on Wed with Bro Parry and we found a note that said that he had tried to call us but got some tree service and that he is going to be booked solid for at least the next month. So basically he is trying to avoid us. But on the bright side he as a Book of Mormon and all the lessons pamphlets so I guess it’s in his court now.

Now for some good news, we found 2 new investigators David and Katie they are friends (reading between the lines I think they are seriously dating) and he is currently living with his grandma who is an active member. We tracted into them and ended up teaching an entire first lesson and watched the restoration which was amazing and then when we; left David prayed and we got a return appointment for this week end it was so cool.

Ok now for some random news, yes Mom I have been getting a lot of use out of my waffle maker. This last week I used it 3 times I think. I have started to become a very popular Elder. So this week we had exchanges with the district leader and because our members that we live with are out of town the zone leaders said to just spend the night at the district leaders' apartment. So we did and he asked me to make waffles, so that was Wed and Thursday mornings. And then he told the zone leaders about the waffles and so they needed to try them so they came up for district meeting yesterday and said, “if we bring everything will you make breakfast" so I did, and yes they were awesome. So it’s been really good lately to have that.

One thing with that, Mom when you send me the stuff back could you put in your recipe for Nana Pancakes and bread. Those are two things that I have really wanted to make lately and the other Elders are more than happy to let me use their apartment as long as they get some. So if you could do that, that would be awesome.

Oh how could I forget Saturday/Sabbath we (me Tracy, Brewer and Johnson) went to the local 7th Day Adventist church. It was really interesting. It actually was really similar to one of our meetings minus the little kids going around asking for money and they didn’t have the sacrament. But besides that it was really similar. And then after we went to their fellowship potluck, which was all vegetarian which was different but still good.

Well other than that this week has been pretty calm and relaxed and for the most part fun. So I hope that all is well and to hear from all of you here shortly. So until then.

Love you tons,

Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad