Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subject: happy camper
Well hello all,
Well the Lord is raining down blessings on little old Elder Millar. So we will start with interviews with President Belnap last Friday. So as usually Pres showed up 30 min late to interviews, but this time he told us why and we were sooooooo excited, so he said that he had spent the last 2 days on the phone with Elder Holland’s office, and well he is going to come to our mission on Nov 14 to give a mission conference, also a 70 is coming as well to divide the Pasco stake, so that Saturday we will all be meeting in the Tri-Cities to have a meeting with Elder Holland and the 70. It’s going to be amazing. But the most amazing part is that it’s both sides of the mission, this has never happened in the history of the mission because it takes like 5 hours to get from Vancouver to the tri cities and lots of miles. But I guess when an apostle of the Lord comes; we all get to get together. It’s just so exciting.
Then more good news Mareano the man that we baptized 2 weeks ago is getting the Aaronic priesthood this next Sunday, he is sooo excited and I think he is going to bless the sacrament. Then this coming Wednesday we have another baptism, her name is Marta Trejo and she has been working with the missionaries for a year, but she said that it is time and that she knows that she needs to do it.
And then the cheery on top, well actually 4, so we taught the Escalon family last night (part member) and committed them to be baptized on the 31st of this month and they excepted, the three kids were all just excited and nervous and the husband was just as ready as anyone could be, so all in all this month I’m getting to be part of 6 baptisms and the branch is going to have 8 just by its self, the goal for the year was 11 how cool is that.
Wow, it’s just wow, these people are amazing, I love them all and last night when we put them on date I just couldn’t stop smiling I’m not going to lie I think it might have been one of the happiest moments of my life to see all 4 of them look at each other and all nod and say yes we want to be baptized. I just can put my feelings into words, the Lord truly does bless us in our times of need and well, I guess when I rains it pours, oh and Marta's baby’s daddy (easiest explanation they are only together for the daughter) is looking like he is going to get baptized here in the next few months too.
I really can’t tell you how excited we are here and ya know I guess if the sun won’t shine the Lord will just make the work that much better.
les querro,
Elder Couper Millar
P.S. Thank you Nana for the birthday card I got it last night and that just helped to make the night about as good as it ever could have been love you tons.
P.P.S More that I just remembered,
So I completely forgot, I spoke in church on Sunday on Pres Packer’s talk and it went awesome too, it took a little help from Elder Montoya but for the most part I wrote everything correctly, plus after I had finished what I had written the Spirit just kinda took over an I bore the best testimony that I think I have ever given in Spanish or English, and it just kinda came to me. the Lord truly knows what we need and he is all but willing to provide for us.
Love ya'll again,
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment