Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Oct 27, 2009

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello all

Well this week has gone about as good as I could have hoped, we'll start with Saturday, the previous days were lame anyways lol. So Saturday night we had a another baptism in the branch, his name is Hugo and he is 9, oh and just so that you can get to know him he is like a 1000x more shy and nervous than anyone that I have ever meet.

So the whole thing was really different from a normal baptism. So my responsibility during the baptism was to translate for one of the English Sisters’ investigators that they had brought, so I sat next to him and just whispered the entire meeting to him what was going on, to say the least it was tiring. But for the most part I did good just one story that I struggled with but I got the gist of it across to him.

So for the first part of the baptism Hugo was in the bathroom with his mom while we all sang the opening hymn and had the first talk, then the only way that he would get baptized was if everyone but the kids and like 5 other people left the room so that he couldn’t see them. The good thing was that everyone was very understanding and super supportive.

Then Sunday was another good day, obviously since it was my birthday :)! So church and everything was normal but then that night Pres Belnap decided to hold a fireside for me, for my birthday that we could bring our investigators too, well actually it wasn't just because it was my birthday but I like to look at it that way.

Then on Monday morning we had district meeting and we had pound cake and ice cream as a district and almost set off the fire alarm in the church, who knew that they were so sensitive, but we're all good.

Then Lupe and Carlos had us over and they made us an awesome lunch and then we taught them the last lessons that they needed before they were interviewed for baptism. Then later that night at like 7:30 we went back to their house for a "Family Night" with Lupe, Carlos and the kids and the Beltran family (like the best members ever) and well it wasn't really a Family Night it was a surprise party for Elder Millar :) :) :)

They had another cake and everyone was there it was awesome I’ll send the pictures next week I don’t have it with me right now. Then after we ate cake, we did the pre-qualifying interviews with the 4 that will be baptized on Sat and they all passed.

So all in all it’s been a great birthday week.

And then today we got to go to Portland, yup 30 min out of our mission boundaries and we went to the Portland temple, holy cow it was amazing it’s such a unique temple design and there was an atrium inside that had some way cool plants that are usually only tropical ones but since its inside they can have them, oh it was so beautiful.

Oh I forgot Wednesday we had the baptism of Marta Trajo, I think I talked about that last week. but everything went great except for the fact that the font was like 50 degrees and she had told us that if it wasn’t warm she wouldn’t get baptized, well I guess the Lord wanted to test her resolve and well, she was baptized and then we just told her that the baptism by fire would be on Sunday and that I would be a lot warmer.

Other than that life is going well the sun just came out so it should be a nice afternoon. Well that’s all for now, but I can’t wait to hear back.

Con todo la amor que yo puedo tener les querro much

Elder Couper Millar

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a great week, you old fart. 20 years? Yikes.

    What an amazing year you've had. So glad you are sharing it with us all.

    ReplyDelete

Coup's Dad