Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Well this last week has been awesome,
So first off we have a baptism this Saturday night, his name is Mariano and he is awesome. He has been studying with the missionaries for a few months and is finally taking the plunge. It’s so awesome to see the change that the gospel can give people in their lives.
Also we had general conference this weekend and it was amazing, plus we had like 10 investigators come to watch it with us at the church. It was soooo good I loved it. Like you said Dad, Elder Holland’s was amazing and powerful, but I think the most moving for me was Elder Cook’s in the priesthood session. Holy Cow! I got so trunky it was horrible, it bought back memories of me and you going golfing, and to priesthood and the talk that we had on the way back from our last golf outing to St. George. Plus all the talk of you talking with your dad about who you’re going to marry and what not didn’t help either, but it was awesome none the less.
More good news, we can't make it to all of our appointments every day, I know you would think that that would be something bad, but I love it, cuz guess what that means...we have so many people to teach that there is literally not enough time in the day to get to all of them and they are all progressing really well, I think right now we have 2 people on date to be baptized 11 that will be going on date here in the next week or so and then like another 10 that we are teaching on a regular basis its soooo cool, I just can’t explain it.
And then there is the weather, Mom you must be praying really hard cuz I think almost every day has ended with sunshine and a clear sky, the mornings are kinda dark but the fog is awesome and it smells like Nana’s so that’s nice to have too.
Oh, also a question Mom in the recipe for Nana Pancakes you said to add milk until I get the desired consistency, well I haven’t seen Nana Pancake batter for about a year so someone better description would be nice to have cuz they didn’t really turn out like I wanted them to this morning when I made them :( but they were still good :)
Ok a little bit more about our area, we are in a car constantly cuz we don’t really track right now with all of our lessons, we have 1400 miles a month and we use all of them, we eat with members like 2-3 time a week and then either make our own or an investigator feeds us. Elder Cavaness (2nd comp in Toppenish) is my zone leader and I still haven’t assembled my bike since I took it apart in Walla Walla.
So other than that life here is great and the work is as good as it has ever been.
Well if anyone has any questions feel free to write I’ll do my best to respond to all of them.
Love ya'll tons.
Love Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment