Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Nov 10, 2009

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Subject: The Next Half

Well hello all

So this last week has been kinda crazy and what not. So last Wednesday we got the new missionaries in our district and that was interesting. So the Sisters that we got are, well there a bit ditzy, but that’s ok they are still fun to work with even if they get so lost that they ended up leaving the mission and went to Portland for like 45 min. But really, they are going to be a huge help for the branch because lots of our recent converts are single women and well it’s hard to find someone to go with us, but with them it’s just “hey Sisters can you go do our work for us?” and so we can go do something else. Or something like that.

Then on Sunday, Michel and Carlos got the priesthood and then Eric the oldest son decided that he wanted to get baptized ASAP and so we have been teaching him and hopefully if all goes well he should be baptized before the end of the year. So that was cool too.

Then last night, oh boy! So we had dinner and FHE with the Escalona and Beltran family and it went really well, the lesson was planned out well and the Spirit was really strong. Then we got to the game portion and well that was another story. So Brother Beltran is a really funny guy and from what I had heard he knows more slang than anyone else ever has, so it was no surprise when he said that we were going to do freestyle reggae tone, church style for the game. Well to say the least I was more lost than the first day that I was in the mission, holy cow, but it gets better, so the person that just had sung tossed the keys to someone else and then they had to do a one liner with the word that they were given, well a few people went and then somehow the keys ended up in my lap and it was my turn to basically try and do Christian rap in Spanish on the spot and make it sound good, well I did it, I wasn't that good and it took me like 5 min but I got one out, I don’t even remember what it was but it worked.

Ya so that has basically been the life of Elder Millar in the last week. Hope all is well with all of you back home, love you all.

Elder Couper Millar

P.S. Holy Cow! How could I forget, so this is the last time that you all will be receiving a letter from the counting-up Elder Millar, yup that’s right, Thursday November 12th I will officially be the count-down Elder Millar, well or at least it will be going down, the whole counting thing is lame and just makes you miss the good parts of your mission, but it’s still an achievement so that’s cool. So again love ya'll tons

Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad