Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Nov 24, 2009

Tuesday November 17, 2009
Subject: wow

Well hello again and welcome to the wonderful life of Elder Millar.
So this week was well amazing, awesome, fantastic, incredible, and best of all spiritual.

So if ya'll don’t remember this weekend we had Elder Holland of the quorum of the 12 come and visit us here in Washington for a mission wide conference. Oh and he also brought along Elder Jensen of the presidency of the 70 and Elder Perry our missions area 70. So as you could imagine not a dull moment in that meeting.

So it all started Saturday at like 2 when we meet outside of the temple in Kennewick to take a mission picture and while we were all standing there I heard Elder Holland say," oh well I guess we came in the wrong way" then he walked thought the middle of the group of missionaries. Then we all filed back to the stake center and got to shake his hand and then we spent the next 3 hours listening to him and Elder Jensen.
Oh another nice thing our seats were assigned and I had the best seat in the chapel, 3rd row from the front right in the middle, and even better, well kinda, several times throughout the meeting it felt like he was staring a hole right through my head, but it was cool too, I actually got to see his eyes. I mean everyone always talks about how the eyes are the window to the soul but I really had never gotten that all that much, but Saturday I did, when he looked at me I could feel the love that he had for not just missionaries in general, but the love that he had for me, it was really cool, also he has blue eyes just like mine which was kinda cool I had never noticed that before.

But, now on to the meeting, it was awesome he complemented our mission on the spirit that he had felt and then gave an amazing discussion on the importance of this work and how privileged we have been to be called to serve the Lord in the last days, however he put a new twist on that, he said that yes we have been saved for these last days, but it’s not going to be a picnic, the Lord saved us because he knew what we could give him, and he said that we all need to be missionaries like Gordon Hinckley and that we need to be working harder than any other missionaries have in the past because we have more problems than any other missionaries ever have had. It was just really awesome, and it’s hard to get the message across in a letter so I guess you’ll just have to wait till I get home.

Well other that that the week when by slow, mainly in anticipation to that, but life goes on and I’m doing good. Hope all is well on the home font and know that I love you all.

So until next week
Love , Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad