Tuesday November 24, 2009
Subject: Hello all and happy Thanksgiving,
Well this is definitely weird, this week I start on my last set of holidays in the mission and I’m still not too sure how I feel about that. So this past week went really well for us here in Vancouver. So just some of the major points of interest:
So on Wednesday me and Elder Becerra went on exchanges and had an amazing time, we had a lesson with a try-back and it was one of the best lessons that I have had on my mission so far, we put all the stuff that Elder Holland had talked about into practice and the whole thing just went flawless, it was so cool to just see the change in these three men as we taught them the gospel, well actually as Elder Holland put it, we just helped them to uncover what they already knew in the pre-existence but it was still awesome.
Then on Sunday morning we had interviews with Pres Belnap and that went really good, from the way they went though, we think that Elder Montoya is going to get transferred, mainly because President was asking me all the questions about the area and not Montoya who is the senior comp right now.
Then Sunday during church we had an interview for one of our investigators with Pres so that he could get baptized this coming Saturday and he passed, he is the last member of the Escalona family that needed to get baptized and after Saturday they will have all joined the gospel.
One cool thing/ really scary thing about this, however, is that he asked me to confirm him in church next Sunday. So it will be a first for me, but I’m really nervous about the whole thing because I’m struggle with the language when I have to give blessings and it just makes me really uncomfortable, but I guess I’ll just have to rely on the Lord and hope that the gibberish that comes out of my mouth makes sense to all of the people, and especially Erick, so I’ll let you know how that goes.
And then yesterday we had a great lesson with a new investigator and then we had a FHE (Family Home Evening) with her at one of the member’s houses too. The Spirit was so strong and then the Escalona's that were there bore their testimonies to her about the plan of salvation (topic of the lesson) and it was just amazing and from the looks of it she is really starting to take hold of the gospel and hopefully she will let it change her life.
Well other than that, that’s all the amazing stuff that has been going on here, this week should be interesting so next week’s letter should be really good, just as a teaser I think I might go teach someone in Portuguese tonight, I’m going on exchanges with Elder Cavaness and she was one of his old investigators when he was in this area so that will be interesting, ha maybe I’ll finally be able to know what I’m getting for Christmas (because he can understand his parents speaking in Portuguese), sorry Mom and Dad I guess the Lord just doesn’t want you to keep secrets from me lol.
Love you all tons and I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving,
Love Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment