Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Dec 15, 2009

December 15, 2009

Subject: Re: transferred?

Well hello all,

Well as most of you should know by now I am indeed getting transferred, but that’s just the beginning of the story, so we will start with something happy.

So on Thursday we had Christmas zone conference and it was amazing, we had tons of musical numbers and then a mission slide show from the past year it was really nice. And then after we had had lunch we got to watch a movie, yup our present from Pres Belnap we got to watch Forever Strong and it was so good.

So that’s about where the happiness stopped and now for the more depressing stuff sorry. So Friday afternoon we were out working and we got a call from what we thought was Sis Belnap, well it was actually President and he asked to talk to Elder Montoya so I figured that I was going to stay, but then he asked to talk to me too and he told me that he had a new assignment for me. So yup we are getting doubled out right before Christmas and the sister missionaries will be taking over our area :(.

Elder Montoya will be going to Pasco in the Tri-Cities and me, well I’m going to Milton Freewater Oregon, for those of you that remember right that was part of my area when I was serving in Walla Walla. And I’ll be in a three-some for 10 days until one of the Elders goes home, oh and I’m also going to be the senior companion over the other Elder that has been out for a transfer more than me; so that should be interesting, President usually only does that for zone leaders that are training. So we'll see how that goes.

Also Mom you can stop praying that I go to a bike area now too, yup the one and only bike area for Spanish missionaries and I get it, in 15" of snow nonetheless lol. So no worries I’ll be skinny as a rail by the end of the next 6 weeks.

Ok now the good news in the midst of the bad. Elder Tracy is still in Walla Walla and he will be my district leader in our Spanish district which should be cool, and then Elder Chavez, my trainer, will be my zone leader. Oh also because I have served there, I should be able to spend Christmas with some of the members that I worked with in the Spanish group when I was there so that will be nice.

Ok now some good news for you guys back at home, one of the families here in the branch is going to Utah tomorrow and they have family in Murray so they will be bringing your Christmas present for the family, you should probably open it before you go to Cali though because my memory cards are taped to the front of the present so ya, I hope that you all enjoy it I thought it was awesome and I think is should match the rest of the furniture in the living room. Oh and no worries they speak English, they just both served Spanish speaking missions and they are our ward missionaries and they are awesome.

Now lastly about packages and phone calls, first off thank you Nana and Papa for your gift it got here this last week and it has been sitting under the tree which has been nice, also Doc and Val thank you too for the card it got here this last week too. As for you Mom and Dad if you send stuff to the mission office I think it should get to me in Milton by Christmas, sorry I don’t have an address to a member or my apartment in my new area so I can’t really have you send anything directly. And about the phone call, well I’m not sure. I’ll have to talk to some of the members when I get there and see what’s going to go on and then I’ll give you the details next week, no worries I'll be able to call, I just don’t know when yet.

Other than that everything is going great and I’m having a good time while I’m here and I’m starting to see why a year ago missionaries were telling me that eventually I wouldn't want this to end and then it would just start running away from me, well it has started and I’m not ready. But I’m just going to take it one day at a time and work my hardest.

Sending all my love, Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad