Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Dec 22, 2009

Tuesday December 22, 2009

Subject” Merry Christmas!!!

Hello All,

Well I guess we'll just jump in to the biggest question of the week, I’ll be calling home first thing Christmas morning, we have some members that have a son on a mission and they invited us over for breakfast and to make our calls. I’m still not 100% sure on what time but I’ll figure out how to get that info to you guys before Christmas :)!!!

Ok now that that’s out of the way let’s talk about my newish area. So first off I’m on a bike and holy cow am I saddle sore, I woke up on Friday and about the only thing that I could do was stand up or lie down I hurt so bad, but I guess that’s what ya get for spending the last year riding in a nice warm comfy car, but on the bright side I’m starting to get used to it and everything is starting to become routine again.

Oh another big change that I’m having to make is that I’m having to talk to people in English, in Vancouver I was in a sense racist, I only talked to Hispanics for the most part. But now I’m working with white people and I have to figure out where the scriptures are that I should use to teach and how to explain things in English and worst of all I have to watch myself when I pray because it just comes out in Spanish if I’m not careful, it’s so hard, plus I just miss Spanish, I want to talk in it as much as I can, but it’s hard to do that when the people that I’m teaching don’t speak it, but I guess the Lord needs me here and then hopefully I’ll get to go back to some Spanish and feel back at home.

Oh and just a heads up in talking with Elder Becerra and Elder Cavaness before we all got separated I’m thinking that when I get back home I might start going to the Spanish branch with those two, they just meet over in Sandy and I have really come to enjoy the culture a lot more in Spanish branches than in English wards. I mean really who wouldn’t like to party with a bunch of people who can actually party, And they do it no matter what age they are. So ya I might be home but not for church lol.

Other than that this last week has been kind of a blur, plus I’ll get to talk to ya'll this week so I need to save something to talk to you all about there. Oh and one quick thing about the call. President Bellnap suggested that we have a spiritual part to our call so if all you back home could maybe find a scripture or a primary song that you could tell me about or sing that would be awesome, Mom and Dad you too, and you three kids can team up and do a trio if your too nervous to do it by your selves ok.

So other than that I hope that all of you have a great week and we'll talk to you Friday :):):):):):):):)

Love Your Elder Brother
Couper Millar

1 comment:

  1. Hee Hee!! Couper's transformation into a missionary is true-- he wants to go to the Spanish branch. I won't be surprised if that doesn't last too long when he gets back, but I think it is a sign of his becoming a great missionary who loves the people!

    ReplyDelete

Coup's Dad