Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Hello all,
Well first off... I'm so old :( holy cow I can’t believe how much everyone is growing up, it’s really shocking to think of all the things that have been changing since I left over a year ago. But oh well I’m changing too so I guess we're even.
So let’s see this last week was kinda uneventful, not a ton of teaching appointments, but the ones that we did have were awesome. So I’ll just hit the high lights. So on Sunday afternoon we had an appointment with Danielle, the one that is getting baptized, and we planned everything for her baptism, and guess what I’m getting to do... I will be playing the piano, yup, but anyhow she is just so ready it’s awesome to see how the gospel changes people.
Then Sunday night we had another appointment with Christina, she has been having some struggles with the Word of Wisdom and step 3 in the churches addiction recovery class, but Sunday was just what she needed, we were on exchanges with Bro Henderson, 2nd counselor in the bishopric, and he was awesome, she asked for a blessing and he gave it to her and it was just what she needed to hear from her Heavenly Father.
So other than that, the lessons for this last week, and now for the explanation why. So on Wednesday we got a call from one of our more rural members and he asked if we could help him with a little problem that he was having, he had a broken pipe outside and so he had no running water in his house. So we did, all day and in the process of fixing one of the pipes, we cut his phone line as well. So for three days he was without water or landline. So then on Friday we went back and helped him to finish what we had started and then fill up the trenches again. It was a good change in work, but again it just reinforced the fact that I never want to dig trenches or do anything like it as my job for the rest of my life.
Ok, now to clear something up really quick, I didn’t get transferred to Walla Walla again, I was just on exchanges there, so I’m still on a bike and I’m still in Milton-Freewater, but that’s good cuz my legs are getting toned from the bike riding, the wind has been blowing lately and as luck would have it always blows in the direction that we are riding so I’m getting like twice the exercise that I normally would.
Well other than that life here is goin awesome, the sun is out, I’m getting in shape and the work is going along at a good pace. Oh one last thing, transfer calls are this weekend so next week I’ll let you know what is going on, I’m thinking that I will stay here but I’m not sure about Elder Ramos so we'll see how that goes.
Love ya'll tons
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment