Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Feb 19, 2010

Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subject: Re: Warm weather in February

Hello all,

Well first off as you can see I’m writing this email a day late, that is due to the interviews that we had with President yesterday, it was nice to talk to him about the area and just how things are going in general, I also go to sit down and talk with sis Belknap while the other missionaries were being interviewed, it was really neat it wasn’t a normal conversation like we usually have, it was very casual and well more like talking to a friend then the President’s wife.

Then let’s see, well as you all know Pres Belnap will finish his time here in the mission field on June 28 and at that point we will receive our new president, President Greer (not sure if that’s how you spell it or not) he is coming to us from Arizona and he is actually the stake president of one of the missionaries in my zone, so that’s kinda neat.

Well now for some, well it’s not really sad, but I wouldn't call it happy either. so when I was in Walla Walla there was a great old lady named sis Marley she was 98 and just as spunky as the day she was born, well a week ago Tuesday she passed on to the other side to be reunited with well everyone that she ever grew up with or knew, she was the last survivor of her generation here and she was ready to go. the nice thing however was that since we had interviews yesterday and the funeral was yesterday as well I was able to attend the services and support the members of her family that I had come to know whether personally or though the stories that I had heard.

Ok, now for something that is going to shock you Mom, what was the one thing that when you asked me to do it I just about died...I now am proud to say that the missionaries apartment in Milton-Freewater is, dare I say, the cleanest missionaries apartment in the mission, maybe even the U.S. no joke. I just finally realized that the reason that I liked coming home from school every day (besides seeing the family) was how clean and nice and bright the house always was, and well on a mission most Elders just don't care and well I really liked that feeling and so I started to do something about it and oula la, my bed is made, all my clothes are folded and hung up, the bathroom is awesome, the kitchen is about as good as I could get it, and the front room is bright, spacious and best of all there are vacuum lines in the carpet. I don’t know what it is about those lines but they remind me of home and it just makes me feel comfortable and best of all clean. So mom thanks for setting the example even though it took me 20+ years to follow suit.

Well other than that no great news I’ll keep you updated on the new president as I get more info

Love you all tons,
Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad