Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jun 10, 2010

Tuesday June 8, 2010

Hello all

Well this last week has been crazy as ever.

So as you all know I transferred to Longview Washington and that was a long trip, a little less than 7 hours from home to home (ya kinda weird to think that I left "home to go home") lol.

So a little about the area, my companion is Elder Romero and he is awesome. He is from Puebla Mexico but his family is in Raleigh North Carolina, he has learned English on his mission and has been out just 6 weeks more than me.

So about the area well there is lots of rain and everything is green. Also, the place that we live is on Beacon Hill and it reminds me of Nana’s house a ton, the smell the hills and how green everything is. It’s all just kinda weird.

So just some of the facts that I have found out about the people here. Longview is the meth capital per capita of Washington, yup elder Gamett told me to watch out for the blown up houses lol. Let’s see oh also 80% of the people here smoke, so I guess the everyone is doing it. Peer pressure actually holds some weight, lol ok I’m not endorsing smoking. But other than that the people here are really nice and what not.

Like I said we cover 3 groups and so we split up on Sundays, this week I went out to the Cathlamet Branch and it was awesome. There are about 80 active members and it’s just a nice quiet little town, there are like 3000 people in the entire county and so it’s the smallest place that I have ever worked. We also have a ton of investigators here, which makes life a lot easier. So all in all the area is going great.

Oh and we live in a studio apartment over some members garage which is nice. Other than that life is good here, sorry to cut it short but I have to work on my pharmacy stuff. I promise that I’ll write more next week.

Love you all tons,
Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad