Hello all you crazy and accident prone people of Utah, lol
Well my week has been nuts too. So basically I have done a little bit of everything since the last time that we talked. So let’s start with the most random.
So throughout my mission I don't know why, but I have helped an abnormally large number of people with their dogs, and this week was no exception. So there is a less active lady named Lee and she is a retired poodle breeder, shower and groomer. She has always loved the missionaries, and has always joked about enlisting their help in grooming her 2 year old poodle because her eyes and hands aren't as steady as they once were. Well I guess I have been the first to step up to the plate and actually helped her to get the job done. Needless to say her lack of sight was worse than she had thought once we started to cut into the fur, it was thick and matted and just an all around mess. This is also due to the health problems that she has been having and has been unable to do just about anything. So two visits and 6 hours later we had the dog cut and combed and just the nails left to clip. This is where things got interesting. So turns out that she is afraid of cutting her own dogs nails, something about a bad experience with another groomer in her past. So I told her that I would do it. Well she was grateful that I was there and that I knew what I was doing, she had been trying to figure out what to do because she had anxiety attacks whenever she tried to clip them. Well I did it and only quicked the dog 3 times, one of them was intentional, and all in all she was impressed at how well and quick I had been able to do it and how calm the dog had been the entire time.
OK so the intentional quick was to see if there was any nerve damage, the dog didn't flinch on that leg and had been walking on its knuckles and so she wanted me to do that to see if he reacted, and he did. So that was crazy and now she loves us to death.
Then there was Friday and Saturday I got to do something that no other missionaries get to do...I danced yup I danced and it was approved by President. We had the area Youth Conference and Dance Festival and they employed the help of the missionaries to usher and to help with part of the performance. It was an awesome experience and I got to listen to Pres Belnap's last address and we also got to hear from Sister Cook of the Young Women's General Presidency. The only down side was that on Saturday I wasn't able to get sunscreen on until 1pm and so right now I’m a little flaky and red, but other than that it was a great time and I got to see a lot of people.
Oh by the way, some of those people were the Escalonas and they are doing great Joycelin was the only one that was part of the performance but on Saturday afternoon the family came to watch and I got to talk with them and see that they are all doing awesome. Sis Escalon is planning on going to the temple here in the next few months and then the kids at the end of the year will be able to go and be sealed to their mom and their dad, if you don't remember their dad died in an accident over 7 years ago, and so there really excited to be able to have that connection to him and to be a forever family.
Now yesterday we finally pre-qualified our two investigators that are on date and have their interviews set for this evening and then their baptism this coming Saturday. So all in all this has been an awesome week and we are super excited about all the great success that we are being able to have.
Well all is well here the sun is shining, no rain and we are just all happy missionaries. Hope all is well with all of you,
Love you tons,
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment