Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jun 1, 2010

Tuesday June 1, 2010

Hello all

Well I guess that Dad got off on his transfer schedule because I don’t have 3 weeks left until the next transfer...I’m moving tomorrow morning at 6am.

Yup, my happy go lucky times here in good old Milton-Freewater are at an end and I guess as a reward for my good service here I get to go have a nice cool summer over on the green side of the state. Yup, I’m going to Longview Washington, that is about 45min north of Vancouver and an awesome area and the best part is that I’m getting another native companion Elder Romero. But he is different in that he had to learn English on his mission so hopefully I’ll get to speak a ton of Spanish with him.

So a little about the area, I’ll be covering the Longview 3rd Ward and Spanish Group and then the Cathlamet (no idea if that’s how its spelled) Branch which is actually an English branch which should be interesting seeing as how I have never served in an English branch. But I’m excited there are several Elders in my zone over there that I have served with before and I’m excited to get to see them again.

Ok and now the funny/sad/not fun. Story for the week. So Sunday was not cool. I woke up with a sore back and went to church and about 12:30 when we got home my back started to spazum (sp?). It got to the point that I couldn't even sit up or walk and at the point that I decided that I couldn’t stand, I collapsed in the middle of the living room and well I stayed there. Not exactly the thing that I wanted to happen on a transfer weekend seeing as how I was needing to say some goodbyes and pack but I guess that’s just how it goes sometimes.

Dinner was interesting too. The member that picked us up is in nursing school and so he was a ton of help and so he helped to get me into his truck and what not for dinner and then back home for the night. All in all it was less than enjoyable but I guess you win some and you lose some.

Oh and also for the last 10 days it has been raining on and off. So ya, I guess the saying is true when it rains, it pours.

Well that’s all for now. Love you all tons and hope to hear back soon.

Elder Couper Millar

1 comment:

  1. I love the Longview area. We lived 25 minutes from there. I coordinated early morning seminary there and I really liked the members. They are very nice. Good luck Elder Couper!

    ReplyDelete

Coup's Dad