Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jul 13, 2010

Tuesday July 13, 2010

Hello family

Well this last week has been another great one.

So to start off we have been working with a lady that is just amazing. So she joined the church as a child and then when she was 12 or so her parents separated and her mother took their names off the church records and so now 50+ years later she is engaged to the Stake Patriarch and wanting to get baptized before their wedding in Idaho a week from tomorrow :). She has been the greatest investigator that I have ever taught, we leave her things to read and study, and when we come back she has read all of the material and then the additional study scriptures and then used the index to find more things to study. So basically we have been able to take her from square one to the end in less than 2 weeks and since she has been coming to church for the last month we are good to go on her baptism this coming Sunday evening.

Ya, so now for the trunky (trunky is missionary speak for “home sick”) moment. I have realized this week that my mission is actually going to end. I know that that shouldn't come as a shock to me but it did. All of this time I have always seen the end as an unachievable goal, kinda like graduation. I mean I know that there is an end but I just never thought that it would come. And now well it’s almost here and I don't want it to be.

The other hard thing is that Elder Romero is almost done too he only has 2 1/2 months left till he goes home and then I'm just 6 weeks behind him. So really, I guess I haven’t quite outgrown my comfort zone, lol. It’s just changed to the missionary model and I am not looking forward to changing back to the normal person one.

I have no idea if that makes any sense to anyone other than myself, but oh well.

Love you all tons, hope to hear back soon.

Love Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad