Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jul 20, 2010

Tuesday July 20, 2010

Hello All,

Well this week has been an awesome one, the highlight being the baptism that we had Sunday night for Carol Simonson. It was just amazing this has been the easiest baptismal service that I have ever been a part of.

So first off this is the first place that I have served that has an instant hot water heater for the font, so it only took an hour to fill it up completely and it was warm too, I’d say right around 90 degrees. Also the speakers were really good, they were her step-son and daughter-to-be and the Spirit was just as powerful as it could have been.

Then last week we started to teach a new investigator named Kelsey, she is 18 and just graduated from high school and is dating our host member’s son. So on Tuesday we had our first lesson with her at the Sypher's house and everything went great, the Spirit was strong and she had great questions and she was just really excited to learn about the gospel.

And then there was yesterday. Holy Cow!! So to start off the day we threw a surprise party for Elder Buchanan an Elder in our zone. So we had the zone leaders call them while we were just outside their front door and told him to go and check his bathroom because there had been some problems throughout the mission. So the reason that we had him in the bathroom is because the light and fan are on the same switch and it’s a loud fan so the sound of us coming in was covered up by the fan. So then when he came out of the bathroom 8 Elders were there to tackle him to the ground and wish him a happy birthday.

Then to celebrate I made waffles and we had bacon and eggs. All in all it was a great time and as you can see those waffles have become my key to everyone’s hearts. Honestly I think that I have made over 500 waffles over the last 20 months and I love doing it. Actually I have just kind of enjoyed all cooking on my mission I just can’t do it too often because I don't make the healthiest things lol.

Well I hope all is well with you all at home.

Love you all tons,

Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad