Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jul 27, 2010

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello All,

Well you are in for a treat. I know that my last few letters have been kinda wimpy but this one should be a little better mainly because of all the funny and amazing things that have happened.

So let’s start on Wednesday when we had interviews with Pres. Greer. So by far this was the longest interview session that I have been at, mainly due to the new teaching video that the church has come out with, but still it was a 4 hour meeting and so it was quite draining, however it was nice to get to talk with both Pres and Sis Greer and to get to know them better.

Then the madness starts.

So to back up a night, Tuesday to Wednesday I was on exchanges in Kelso with Elder Fletcher, he and his comp have been having some fallouts and so Elder Romero being the district leader was responsible to figure out what was going on. So that left me with the other Elder. Then we had interviews and the zone leaders told us that they had set and appointment with a Spanish family in Woodland (20 min away) for later that afternoon and wanted to know if we would be able to help out with that, it was off on another exchange this time, though Elder Romero went to Woodland and I stayed in Longview with Elder Collier our new zone leader.

This is where the fun starts. So I didn’t get to plan with Elder Romero the night before since I was on exchanges and so I didn’t have any plans to run on so I was just running. lol.

But it all turned out great. Then that night Elder Collier got me, he set up a little trap for me, he taped the handle to the sink’s spray hose so that when I turned the sink on I got hit right in the chest with ice cold water, not cool...well actually it was and so yesterday I set it up to get Elder Romero and well I failed miserably. So I prepped everything while he was in the shower and then nothing happened. So we left for the day and I forgot about it...so then when I went to get some water for myself before bed I pranked myself and I did it really well.

Ok so another funny story, so on Saturday we had a less than successful night with our exchange, and so we asked him if there was anyone that he might want to visit and there was. So we went and talked to them but they were busy. Then as we got in the car and started to drive our exchange asked if we smelled anything. And we did, so we all checked out shoes and well, he had stepped in a mastiff size poop and had smeared it all over the foot rest and carpet on the driver’s side of his wife's minivan lol.

So we took a detour to the church and a bucket of water and 10 min later things were mostly clean and ready to go. Looking back it was a nice way to cheer up a down crowd.

And now for the best news, Kelsey the young girl that we started to teach about a week ago accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 28th of next month. She has been doing awesome and a ton of members in the ward have really taken a liking to her and just taken her under their wing and given her the support that she has needed. Yup so that was my week hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Take care and I love you all tons
Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad