Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Aug 31, 2010

Note from Dad: Couper will be speaking in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday November 28 at 9am. Please call or e-mail if you need directions to the church.


Tuesday August 31, 2010

Hello all

Well this last week has gone from 0 to crazy in no time at all. So basically all of our plans this week changed. So to start off Thursday we ended up helping make a goat shed/chicken coop, not a big deal; but the person that we were helping wasn't organized at all, the whole project was going from the seat of our pants and just a little stressful for me, but that's kinda how the rest of the week has gone too.

Then on Friday we had more service, we got wrangled into helping put in new playground equipment at the local elementary school, all in all nothing major except for the fact that the cement mixer broke, the hose literally exploded from back pressure and we ended up 18 bags short to fill all the post holes.

From there we went to help a less-active family move, it really wasn't that bad of a move it was just hard because we were just kinda running with our hair on fire and so it just felt weird. Then from there we went to another house to help another family move from another ward into ours, again not a huge move but there was one thing that I didn’t think I would ever do. We put an upright piano into the back of a full size truck. There were 7 of us but still it was a piano, but we got it in and then started on the rest of the house, this is where life really got crazy.

So we sent upstairs to start taking a bunk bed apart and one of the Elders found a blow gun. And like any normal Elder he started to play with it and pointed it at people. As he was doing that I told him to make sure that there wasn’t anything in it and then he turned and said to me look its empty and pointing it at my chest blew into it. Holy Cow, I’ve heard of missionaries being shot at by normal people but not by other missionaries. Well I freaked out and pushed it away as it hit me and he actually thought that I was kidding and told me to stop faking, so I bent down and picked up the 4 inch needle dart off the floor and just watched as his jaw dropped. I was fine just a red dot on my chest like I had been poked by a needle, no blood or anything so I was protected but still the only thing that I have been thinking in my spare time lately, He shot me what a goober.

Sunday was nuts too, so Elder Romero gets back from Cathlamet and tells me that I’m not going to believe the change that was made. Turns out that out Branch Pres just got a new job in Portland and they are going to be moving here in the next 2 weeks, and then to top that off the new Pres is our Branch Mission Leader that we have only had for a month and a half and now we don’t have a Branch Mission Leader, basically everything there is nuts right now.

And then today we have a moving project that I’m not too happy about, but I just have to grit my teeth and do it because that’s what I have been told to do. But on the bright side come 1:30 or 2 I’ll be off to go biking with two other Elders and it’s raining and should be messy and awesome and way fun and at 6 we have a dinner with an investigating Spanish family and so I get to have some good food, and from my favorite place too, she is from Michoacán and their stuff is always really spicy and good.
Other than that all is well, oh Mom thanks for the letter this week it was really nice to hear from someone during the week and not just on email. Well I hope all is well at home and that all of you are enjoying yourselves.

Love you all tons take care and talk to you next week.
Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad