January 9, 2009
Hey All,
Well with this being my last week at the MTC I have had several interesting meetings. The first one was Monday night; it was our health and well being meeting.
It was a bit awkward, kind of funny and somewhat helpful. So first off the lecture was given by a 70 something retired doctor that was crazy, he also liked to talk about bowel movements and what things affect them in the field. He had several interesting analogies and kept saying...your rectum will thank you. We all had a good laugh about that. He also talked about how we need to eat healthy and all that stuff that Mom has been telling me forever.
Then, Tuesday we had another devotional where I realized that I have been way blessed being here. In the 20 something devotionals I have had here only 4 have not been with at least a 70. Crazy right?
Oh and Sunday holy cow I prayed in front of the entire MTC. I was way nervous but me and Elder Hortin got lots of complements on how sophisticated and humble we sounded. It was awesome.
Wednesday was just class and what not, nothing to get excited about, but Thursday holy cow I must have been doing something right. Nothing looked really that appetizing so me and Elder Hortin we were just wandering when one of the chefs came out holding 2 chocolate mousse things that were way fancy-the works white chocolate designs, fancy syrup dots and all; and he also had some weird looking dish that I jumped for. Turns out it was baked chicken wrapped in bacon with a onion butter sauce, fresh vegetables and wild rice. It was amazing. I didn't even care about the evil looks people were giving me lol.
And then today I got to go to the temple for the last time here. It was way cool we had so many elders that they had to sit on the other side of the room.(there were no sisters and only 2 non missionary ladies).
Then we all went and ate breakfast as a zone. And now I’m sitting in the Laundromat doing my last loads at the MTC. As far as I know I should be able to call you Tuesday morning around 10am. I guess I’ll just put it on my card if I get the chance to call you.
So until next week (not sure what day yet) love you all.
A ton love,
Elder Couper D Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment