Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Jan 19, 2009

Transcribes Letter from December 29, 2008

Hello All,

So first off, I’ll apologize about the brevity of my e-mail on Friday. Also I’d like to explain I’m running on a 30 minute timer so its hard to go into depth on anything in that amount of time.

Thank you , thank you, thank you for all the gifts and peanut butter . You’ll all be glad to know I have already broken in my Rubik’s cube; however Mr. Fuzzy is giving me problems. But, I have 2 years to get it figured out.

So, Sunday me & Elder Horton went to the RC. He hit the Jackpot, every call he took accepted a missionary visit. He even had one person that he shared and committed to read and follow Moroni’s promise. I on the other hand had a different experience.

So I had taken a few calls when I got this one. I answered and the lady immediately starts in with. . . “OK so I have some questions but before I ask them I need you to be patient with me, I’m schizophrenic and slightly retarded”.

So, by this time I’m a bit overwhelmed, shocked and unsure what kind of questions I was going to receive. She continued. . .”so when my heart is broken I turn to God, when we break God’s heart who does he turn to for comfort?”

My only thought was. . . what the crap have I gotten myself into. Well, I took my best shot and answered with “when God is sat, it is because we have sinned, so when we repent and become righteous again he is happy because we are following his commandments.” She seemed satisfied with this answer; this was both good and bad.

Since she liked my answer she decided to ask another question this one more difficult than the first. She continued. . . “So I know that when you have intimate relations for money it’s prostitution or being a whoremonger. . . .” so you can imagine I’m completely freaking out, I have turned up my volume and Elder Horton is listening and he is just sitting next to me laughing.

She continued. . . “so I have some friends who’s boyfriends promised them jewelry and other things for those relations, is that bad too, I mean when I get into a relationship I don’t do that but, I just want to know what God thinks about that.”So I told her to hold on and put her on hold.

Both me and my comp just looked at each other, neither one of us able to give an answer; but she needed one now, so I just said, “Heavenly Father . . . .HELP!”.

So I picked up the phone and said “well I’ m not sure, but in the scriptures it says that we shouldn’t have those relations before marriage.” Once again she seemed please with my answer. After that she went quiet and for some reason I had the prompting to ask if she had any other questions. In the back of my mind I was hoping that she didn’t, but I knew she did. But, it was an easy one. She just wanted someone to take her to church again. I was so relieved, so I got her info and sent it to her ward. It was awesome!

OK, now some fun stuff. So I told Quinci that we were starting a biggest loser competition. Well, it turned into the Least Gainer. The food here isn’t really that healthy and eating and sitting isn’t really the best exercise plan. LOL. But, I’m only up 4 lbs, so I feel blessed. Some are up 15. We have also started a , “You know you’re a missionary if. . .” list. It’s way funny. Here is a taste:

You know you’re a missionary if. . .

• Singing in the shower is a group activity.
• You have had a deep doctrinal discussion with the “unkown” in the next stall over.
• When you talk to a Sister, other missionaries call you gay.
• You live with another guy 24 hours a day, he is called your companion, you dress
similar and you’re not gay.
• You get excited when you see people in “normal” clothes.

Last but not least, at least for this list

• You threaten to go on a rampage if you don’t get your 3 servings of ice cream a
week.

Ya, so we have some quirks here and maybe a little too much free time; but, it’s fun. I’ll see if I can take a picture of the list and send it to you so you can see the unabridged list.

So enough about me, how have all of you been? Mom, sorry about not mentioning your letter, you have been good at writing me every week, however a letter from everyone else seems to be lacking. If I might suggest writing every Family Home Evening, then I know that you’re having it and I get a letter .

I just found out I’m praying in combined meeting on Sunday. Combined meeting is the entire MTC, by the way, 2,000 people. So at 10 AM Sunday, any prayers would be appreciated.

Love all of you tons,
Elder Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad