Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Apr 7, 2009

April 7, 2009

Hello all,

Well another week has seemed to run away from me. Things here have been really crazy. Between spring break and conference and transfer calls nothing has gone as usual.

So first off Transfer calls. I’m staying here in Toppenish this next transfer, but I’m loosing my pappy to Elder Horton (my MTC comp) up in Yakima :(. My new comp will be Elder Cavanus (not sure how to spell it) he is a gringo but has been out for over a year and speaks really well. Hopefully he will be able to help me better with Spanish. I’m still having a hard time with conversations outside of church related things and since he had to go through the same things he should be a great help to me.

So because Elder Chavez is leaving, it has put a lot more responsibility on my shoulders, because I have to help get my new comp caught up on everything that is going on here in our area.

Conference, Holy Cow it was awesome, we watched it at the church and all the speakers were just amazing. I really liked Elder Perry’s talk on members helping the missionaries, especially the sheep on the cliff analogy. The other talk that really impressed me was the one by Gary F. something of the seventy. I know your probably thinking right now if it impressed you so much why don’t you remember his name, well the name wasn't important but the message was. He spoke about the home, and it being compared to the temple and I just never thought of it that way. I also liked how he did the little virtual tour thing. But, all in all Conference was just all around amazing.

The only part that I wasn’t to excited about was after the first session Sunday morning Bishop Keller asked me to give a 15 min talk next Sunday on the Atonement, so I’m thinking what I’ll do is write one in English and translate it to Spanish and just give the same talk in both meetings lol, hopefully all goes well. :)

Oh other random news we got a new car, Elder Chavez totaled the Chevy Malibu that we had and because of our area they gave us a new Corolla to replace it...no just kidding we didn’t get in a wreck, Mom please don’t call president about this I’m ok not a scratch on me. We really did get a new car though, when they hit 50k they rotate them out and get new cars, or newer cars. So we now have an 08 Corolla and its red.

Oh also I have a recipe for all of you it’s for a hot sauce and it really goes with almost everything, eggs, burgers, tacos. Ok so here it is:
1 handfull of dried chilies (the best ones are either chilies de arbol or japone)
1 clove of garlick
lots of salt (sorry no exact amount just do it to taste, the salt makes the flavor of the chillies come out)
then 4-5 boiled red tomatoes - the tomatoes should be skinless
and like a tbs of water

so how to make it toast the chilies on a pan, flip them and take them off just before they start to lose their color.

put all the ingredients into a blender and blend. Then enjoy.

One quick note the chilies de japone are the hotter of the two but they have a better taste so if you want it less hot just take out some of the seeds before you put them into the blender.

Well that’s all for this week and I hope to hear from ya’ll soon.

Love, Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad