April 14, 2009
OK,
So I just deleted almost my entire email, let me just say I hate Vista, too many hot keys that do stupid things like close out of a window UGH.
Ok, so this last week has been kinda slow with Elder Chavez leaving he had to say goodbye to half of Toppenish, lol. And then on Wednesday I got my new companion Elder Cavaness. He has been out for about 15 months and speaks Spanish really well. He is driving because he is the senior companion. And he is the new district leader.
When we got back to the apartment he had to get everything unpacked and then get some shopping done so on Wednesday we didn't get out until like 3:30. Then on Thursday we had district meeting and lunch so again we didn't get out until like 4 and then on Friday we had to go to new district leader meeting which ended at like 4:45. So this week has been reeally long.
However, there was a silver lining. Saturday we helped a less active lady in the ward die 5 dozen eggs which, was awesome. And then there was Sunday. As ya’ll know, I had to give 2 talks. Well, I decided that I would just translate my English talk into Spanish to make things easier, and my comp was the only one that had to hear them twice.
So in the ward I spoke on an article from the March 08 Ensign/Liahona. I spoke for about 20 min and got several complements on it afterwards. And then in the branch, I spoke for 25 min. No, I didn’t have an amazing gift of tongues experience; it just takes longer for me to read Spanish, lol. But, all went well and many people liked the talks.
Now to settle some of the kids concerns, I did have an Easter basket. Sis Clements (aka the mom of the missionaries in Toppenish) put baskets out for me and my comp and we got plenty of Easter candy (I know Mom, I won’t eat it all at one time I’m spreading it out over a long time).
Now let’s see, oh thank you for all of the stuff in the package, my comp thinks I’m nuts for solving the 7x7, ya I solved it 3 times already, lol. The putter is also way cool, it’s hard to use right now cuz our apartment is all wood floors and it’s kinda noisy, but it’s still awesome.
Well, other than that I’ve just been doing my missionary thang, lol.
Hope to hear from ya'll soon.
Love,
Elder Couper Millar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coup's Dad
- BJ Millar
- bjmillar@comcast.net
No comments:
Post a Comment