Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Apr 28, 2009

April 28, 2009

Hello all,

Well I hope that your past week has gone as well as mine has, life here in Topp is amazing. The sun is shining the trees are blooming and I learned how to make flower tortillas by myself from a bag, no amounts to guide me but I figured it out lol :).

There is only one problem however with the blooming trees, that means that our Spanish branch attendance goes from like 30-40 to 5-10. This is because most of the members work in the orchards and they have to work everyday from 5am to 5pm in order to make a living. So it’s going to be a challenge, but the Lord will provide a way. This also means that lots of our Spanish investigators disappear also, so I think we may end up doing more English work.

So one cool thing that actually just happened yesterday was that I went on exchanges with an English Elder. Elder Cavaness is the district leader, DL for short, and he has to go on exchanges with all of the missionaries in our district so I also get to have exchanges. But, anyway, so me and Elder Hiles were together and we had planned to go tracting. Well I was the only one that spoke any Spanish so well I was on my own when a Latino answered the door. I had some mistake and couldn’t really say everything that I wanted to, but I got several return appointments and a lot of practice, it was awesome.

So Mom, you asked if life here on the mission is more or less stressful. Well I’d say just different, at home I just have to worry about myself and not really anyone else, out here I have to keep track of what we have taught people and what they need and like a billion people’s names its crazy sometimes.

Let’s see, what have I learned about myself? I can’t stand living in a messy house, I know shocker Mom. Breath, breath now sit down. So when Elder Chavez was here we kept the apartment almost spotless cuz he is a neat freak, so I just went along with it and what not. Well Elder Cavaness is, well let’s just say he's not a neat freak; but I have turned into one. At night if all the dishes aren’t cleaned or if the front room isn’t in order I can’t sleep. The only exception being that I still don’t make my bed; so I still am kinda normal.

Hey can I get in on the bets on who will cry first when I call? If I can, I’m guessing its gonna be Quinci or Mason, but probably more Quinci cuz she didn’t cry the first time that I called.

Also, I haven’t heard that Lindsay is getting married, thanks for telling me. If Dad is ever home, see if you could scan the wedding announcement so that I could see who this guy is :).

Oh and the Spanish scriptures will be out the first part of September, but I’ll keep you posted I don’t know if the church is going to get some for us or not but I’ll let you know.

Well other than that it’s just same old me in Toppenish so until next time love,

Elder Couper Millar

P.S. my email day hasn't changed so I still check my email on Tuesdays just if any of you got confused with last week’s email on Thursday

1 comment:

  1. This comment may not even be read by Couper, but maybe BJ. So, last night when we ran into you at Lindsay's wedding, it was one of those fun, joyful, run-into-family-in-a-different-location-than-you'd-expect, so that was fun.

    But, after you guys left, Andy turned to me and said, "Did you notice something was different?" And I was like, "Yeah, Couper was missing!!"

    Now, in all fairness to Couper, he isn't really missing (duh), but as I've reflected on this it made me think about a final reunion that we all can image someday, far-away. It made me realize I don't want anyone in the family to be missing.

    So, thanks Couper, for going 'missing' for two years to set an example to all your cousins. In the end, hopefully you fulfilling your priesthood duty will help all of us to keep and renew the covenants that kind bind us forever.

    ReplyDelete

Coup's Dad