Couper's Return Date: Tuesday, November 16 (3:30pm)
He will speak in Sacrament Mtg on Sunday, November 28 (9:00am)

Sep 2, 2009

Ok this first part is just for you, Dad

Congratulations, first of that is awesome that you have been called to be a high priest, ya know what that means? Now you get to fall asleep in any meeting of your choice, your shoes pants tie and jacket don’t have to remotely match, your opinion counts for double but people only listen to half of what you say and best of all you get to hang out with people who comment on how much hair you have, even if it’s going grey. Lol, no but really that’s awesome to hear that you are continuing in your spiritual progression, plus it sounds like you are going to be working with some really great men.

Ok now the rest is for everyone else

Hello all

Well this last week has been interesting, tracting, moving, service, and translating. I’ve done it all. So I guess we'll just go in order. So tracting this week we ran into a few interesting people. The one that stands out the most to me we actually talked to last night. So we were tracting right before dinner and we knocked on this older ladies door . . .

ok sorry, really quick, I had an epiphany this week, what I used to think of as old is no longer old mainly cuz I’m not that far away from it and I don’t want to think that I’m old cuz I’m still a kid. so I used to think that at 30 you were old and really done with "Fun" the way that I see it, but that’s like 10 years away and I really haven’t done all the fun things that I wanted to do so 30 can’t be old then I was thinking 40 that’s not that far away either so now I’m just not sure, so I think I’m gona have to say that at 47 7/19 your old. How’s that sound, for now I’m good with that cuz it’s a ways away but I’m sure that when I get there ill think that it’s not old either. but there is a golden lining with that, Mom and Dad guess what, you’re not old anymore, and that’s truth coming from a servant of the lord...can I do that, well I guess I did so let’s let that stand.

But anyways back to the story. so we were talking to this old lady and found out that she had been a Presbyterian minister for over 30 years and we got into a short chat about how she got her authority and what not it was kinda weird and what not but she was nice.

Then there was the moving, now this isn’t just from this past week but over that last 3 months or so I think I have moved over a dozen people no lie. It’s crazy my mission is turning into a "movin”. But there is also a golden lining about that I know now how to move well and how to well move poorly. so that’s good I guess what your said Mom that this is going to be just as much for me as it is for the people that I am helping.

Now the service, it has been great, and has been in all shapes and sizes from picking weeds to painting to believe it or not mowing, and yes I enjoyed it, it has been so long since I have had the chance to mow a lawn that I actually had fun while doing it. And then tomorrow I’m going to help a member mud his house, good thing I have had lots of practice over the years of living in a Lego house lol :) love ya Mom.

And then the translating/ interpreting. so in church our sacrament meeting right now is in Spanish, but there are always several members in there that don’t speak any Spanish so I interpret for them which has been a huge help for me and then last night me and Elder Tracy translated a handout for the relief society sisters so that the ones that don’t speak English could have the same stuff that the ones that can speak it have. It was way fun and was really kinda like a puzzle for me and Elder Tracy to work on.

Mom you will be happy to know that I have stayed at relatively the same weight since I left the MTC there have been ups and downs throughout but nothing that has really stayed with me for more than a transfer so that's good and my shoulder has been doing good to I did something to irritate it a few weeks ago, probably moving something but other than that it’s doing fine.

oh and when does Allen leave and let me know when you hear where Ben is going that’s awesome that he has decided to do that and I’m excited to hear where he is going to go. oh and dad if you would get the stuff of Merideth's on iTunes that would be great all of the Elders in our district really like her stuff so it would be cool to have some more of her stuff.

Well other than that all is well in Walla Walla so until next time

Paz afuera (Dad looked this up, it means “peace out” in Spanish)

Love Elder Couper Millar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coup's Dad